Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2013 And Opera 12

Options

Since i have installed Bitdefender 2013 (Currently Build 16.24.0.1682) some webpages do not load fully or load all images.

Two prominent examples are Facebook and Google Maps. When i refresh a few times sometimes all images are loaded, but are disappearing/reappearing when i hover the mouse pointer over them.

I already consider to uninstall Bitdefender, which would be really annoying because then i have paid for an application that i can't use.

Opeare is Version 12.11, Build 1661, Platform x64 and i run Windows 8.

Comments

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Frapoekel! :)

Welcome to our forum!

Please see my post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry166291

Have a nice day!

• avalanche
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hi frapoekel,

I'm currently running Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 build 16.24.0.1682, Opera 12.11 build 1661 and Windows 7 64 bit and the two websites you mentioned load fine. The strange thing is, I had exactly the same problem you mentioned on different websites. Images wouldn't load or would jump about to different ones. Sometimes images would be swapped with others on the page and then jump about on mousing over. This happened consistently on a simple homepage, located on my computer, not even on the internet. It also happened occasionally on other websites though.

The not very helpful part comes when I say that this was a while ago and seemed to sort itself out. Back then it was an earlier version of Opera (around 12.00) and I don't know the build of Bitdefender, but update after update, eventually it resolved itself. Other people may be more specific, but I do recall there being a tab at the top middle of pages from Bitdefender, giving security/threat information and that I concluded that Bit defender was intercepting URLs and web pages (as is a part of it's internet security role) and messing things up. As I said, this has actually been sorted out for me.

I did try reinstalling to a separate directory (I don't think it made a difference), but you said that this was a fresh install, so I'm afraid I'm at a loss. I did want to say that I had what appears to be exactly the same thing. I wish I could be more helpful.

I would add, as a kind of separate issue, that I'm having and have had, loads of problems with Bitdefender and Opera, since upgrading from 2012 to 2013. The two together have been causing many problems for me.

Edit: I'm a muppet. I just noticed you said "some webpages do not load fully". That is one of the problems I'm still having. Opera has been having a number of 'doesn't finish loading' problems over the past months, but they say they've been sorted. So I don't know if those problems are Opera or Bitdefender or a combination of the two. I too would like the 'pages not finishing loading' problem sorted. Often I have to stop the page trying to load and refresh to get it to finish. Also, pages that have a Disqus section, often wont load, but maybe that's a different problem.

• frapoekel
    edited November 2012
    Options

Thanks for the replies. For now is have turned off Scan SSL in BitDefender Privacy Settings. This seems to work so far, but is not really how it's supposed to be.

I'll try again after next BD or Opera Update, fingers crossed.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello all,

Please tell me if this issue still persists with the new build version 16.28.0.1763

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

• maddim
    Options

The problem persists