Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts 2013 And Windows 7

Options

hi there forum my name is Stephen im a newbie here anyway few week ago I upgraded to windows 8 and I also bought a new notebook for my mum,so decided to buy a good security suite, do I installed bd13 2 weeks ago and the last few days my apps stopped working, laptop taken a while to start up n browsers kept freezing , firewall and antivirus kept turning off by its self, so searched on line for a fix but struggled and by accident I came across something saying bd could be the cause. so came here to find a bit of help. so I downloaded the uninstall tool and latest version of bd13

and started 12 hours ago trying to sort the problem, but when I eventually managed to uninstall bd13 fully, then I discovered none of my updates were working, also when I used the troubleshooter to repair it couldn't, after that I had had enough and decided the best thing to do would be reinstall windows 8 then bd13.this is what I done uninstalled bd13 once normally then once in mode tried the updater again but still no luck, so I installed windows 8 again , once I done that I updated everything on windows and installed software etc, then disabled I disabled windows defender, firewall an smartscreen I also turned off UAC, installed bit defender total security then I ran updates again made sure I turned the security settings off, I also used all the tune up tools and I seem to have got it working quite well at the moment. I think I am going to need to do the same with my mums new laptop as she told me last night her laptop wasn't running great. Anyway the guys at Bit defender I fell quite let down by the product, after reading reviews that it was 1 of the top security suites on the market at the moment, well so far its not doing great in my opinion, I am also going to need to spend more of my time repairing may mums laptop aswellafter I paid £40 on your website it, will keep yous upto date if there is mre issues over the next week or so.

Comments

• I new it was too good to be true after a few hours win apps and IE started crashing and freezing, .laptop took 6.5 mins to start last time here seems to be alot of issues with this just now and very few fixes , this is Microsoft fault they have rushed this out the door similar to what they did with win vista. HP Presario notebook dual core amd radeon 1.80mh process 4gb ram 320gb hard drive

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to the forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• hi christian dont mean to be cheeky but i am looking for a product that i can install safely and without any problems but this is an absolute nightmare,Will not be installing bitdefender again to send log file and also i dont have the time to be contacting support or searching forums and trying various different fixes , why should your customers pay good money for software that has big problems, surely bit defender must have known this would happen but still let people buy it.

Not even close to being windows 8 compatible as your website states, i think bitdefender should offer me a refund or for that matter all your customers who are having problems should be offered one. Iv not been able to use my laptop for a week now as it would not boot up so i had to contact hp and get recovery disc sent out, luckily i got them without charge as its still under warrenty, Totally disappionted with this and it also looks like support team or the forum have still not got a resolution to these issues with installing on windows 8, i do understand that windows has a percentage of blame here but i think bitdefender could have done more to stop this happening.

Could get back to me asap with a decision about a refund please.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Have you managed to install our product? Is everything working properly now?

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

• hi christian dont mean to be cheeky but i am looking for a product that i can install safely and without any problems but this is an absolute nightmare,Will not be installing bitdefender again to send log file and also i dont have the time to be contacting support or searching forums and trying various different fixes , why should your customers pay good money for software that has big problems, surely bit defender must have known this would happen but still let people buy it.

Not even close to being windows 8 compatible as your website states, i think bitdefender should offer me a refund or for that matter all your customers who are having problems should be offered one. Iv not been able to use my laptop for a week now as it would not boot up so i had to contact hp and get recovery disc sent out, luckily i got them without charge as its still under warrenty, Totally disappionted with this and it also looks like support team or the forum have still not got a resolution to these issues with installing on windows 8, i do understand that windows has a percentage of blame here but i think bitdefender could have done more to stop this happening.

Could get back to me asap with a decision about a refund please.

I'm with you 100%, This 2013 version seems not ready to come out of the oven and I have asked for a refund also.

Customer help was very good but never any answer to my problem of "you must manually remove Karpesky"

Karp is not on my PC and all previous versions load without drama, paying for a program before Bitdefender knows if it will load plus then leaving us without protection seems backward to me.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a lovely day!

This discussion has been closed.