Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Not Working For Me!

Options

Three days ago I unistalled paid AVG in favour of Bitfender Total Security 2013, and despite a near perfect installation, could not find Safepay - no desktop icon and nothing about safepay in the main menu. Three trips to Live Assistance failed to resolve the problem. Finally I uninstalled and reloaded and found Safepay, but still without the destop icon and main menu access..and then it removed my desktop theme and crashed my internet bank.

Then, in trying to resolve these problems, I could not access the PC because every 15 minutes, the updates would freeze the PC for about 10 minutes each time, not allowing me to access internet or Windows functions. Windows updates which usually took 5 minutes were taking up to an hour to decide that they were not going to install at all.

Back to Live Assistance and they sent me the support tool, which I downloaded and ran. After 4 hours of watching the bar go half way to 50%, it refused to go any further, and after a further 4 hours, decided that it was not working at all.

I again contacted Live Assistance, and was told to try the support tool again. I did, and it went to about 95% of the "gathering information", which took about 3 hours, it stopped completely.

I then decided to completely install the thing, but it refused to let me do it. I tried again, and it worked second time.

So, I have installed Avast Anti-virus in the meantime pending some resolution to the issues affecting my 3 licence 1 year Bitdefender Total Security 2013 product.

To be fair to Bitdefender, I suspect that my PC is having other issues in that I have very little free space on the PC due to iTunes library taking up 90% of the space. Once I have moved this to an external disk, I will give it a go.

I have a laptop that I am thinking of putting the product on, but waiting to see the results of the ticketed enquiry which I have sent to the Support Team.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Could you please tell me your ticket ID so I can search it in the system?

Thank you!