Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Connection Between Scan Outgoing Mail And Mail Not Received?

Options

I have been finding that a lot of the emails that I send never make it to the intended recipient. I don't get any error messages, they simply never arrive at their destination.

I have talked to the company that hosts my domain (stormweb), and they assure me that it has nothing to do with them as they only take care of the incoming mail. I need to discuss this with my ISP as well (sympatico), but I realized that the third option may be anti-virus scanning. Is it possible that the outgoing mail scanning is involved? Should I disable the scanning of outgoing mail?

I'm using BitDevender Antivirus v10 and MS Outlook 2002.

Thanks.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear vaino,

Are the mails that you send located in the sended items (mails) folder of outlook? Check also if you account details are entered correctly in outlook. I mean have you entered correctly your username,password and servers that your isp uses for sending and receiving mails. What also could be possible is that your mails are being marked as spam by the isp of the recipients of your mails. Let these people let check them spam folder.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear vaino,

Are the mails that you send located in the sended items (mails) folder of outlook?

Yes

Check also if you account details are entered correctly in outlook. I mean have you entered correctly your username,password and servers that your isp uses for sending and receiving mails.

Yes, these are fine. I would say about 90% of my emails go to the intended recipient. If any of these were wrong, no emails would make it.

What also could be possible is that your mails are being marked as spam by the isp of the recipients of your mails. Let these people let check them spam folder.

I have a couple of businesses, and as such, have three different domains, and I have email addresses for each, and I send and receive emails from each of these addresses. The fact that emails from all of these servers tend to get "lost" at a very high rate suggests that it is not just that i'm randomly ending up in the junk mail folder. Because I use email for business purposes, it's not very practical to have to contact people everytime I send an email, although that is what I currently do with important emails.

It seems odd that all of my domains have a high rate of spam filtering, but other people that I know - such as my business partner who has a similar situation with the same domains - do not have problems with emails being lost. Makes me think that it's something specific to my setup.

There are two things about her setup that are different than mine: she uses a different ISP, and she uses a different antivirus.

Bitdefender scanning of email? Can this be having an impact?

• Niels
    Options

Dear vaino,

Her isp can also use a spamfilter before the mails are being delivered in her mailbox. That marks your mails as spam. Sometimes just because it cames from a commercial mail address.This is only a possible explanation.

If BitDefender blocks mails then they should be noticed that the mails aren't send and these mails should be located in the concepts folder and also nobody should have received your mails. When you take a look in outlook.

Best regards

Niels