Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outlook 2003, Xp -- Antispam Not Working At All

Options

XP, Outlook 2003, and BD IS 2008.

Well I have tried every suggestion I have read in all the topics of this forum...none work!!!

I have reloaded BD twice (using the removal tool after uninstalling), I have reloaded Office twice, I have reset the bays 3 times...no luck. The tool bar is there, but no filtering is done at all...no markings on any mail as spam. I get between 60 and 100 emails a day that are obviously spam and none are marked spam or are sent to the spam folder under delete. Every once in a while (even in the same session) I will add a mail as spammer, or friend, and get this message "The BD Antispam module is disabled because the BD Security Service is stopped or disabled. Please restart your PC and try again. If this problem persists, please contact support...."

Also when I hit apply in most cases nothing happens or I get this same message. I have checked all the services (local serves in administrative options) and all BD servies are set to automatic.

I am starting to get highly frustrated with BD...if this doesn't work, does the rest of the progy work correctly; I am begining to think that I have a false sense of security here!!! My old PC-Cillin is starting to look better and better as a option.

Comments

• Loony,

Here is what I did:

1. Uninstalled BDIS 2008

2. Used the BD cleaner

3. Installed PC-cillin to get access to PCCTool.exe

4. Used PCCTool.exe to uninstall PC-cillin

5. Ran MSI Cleaner (Windows Installation Cleanup) tool to insure that all was unistalled

6. Ran Tune-up Registry Cleaner to clean the Registry out

7. After each step above I rebooted my PC

8. Reinstalled BDIS 2008

To also answer your other questions:

-POP3 no sll just user name and password

-SMTP requires user name and password

-Windows XP SP2 Home Addition

-Outlook 2003

Still not working...get the same message as before!!!

XP, Outlook 2003, and BD IS 2008.

Well I have tried every suggestion I have read in all the topics of this forum...none work!!!

I have reloaded BD twice (using the removal tool after uninstalling), I have reloaded Office twice, I have reset the bays 3 times...no luck. The tool bar is there, but no filtering is done at all...no markings on any mail as spam. I get between 60 and 100 emails a day that are obviously spam and none are marked spam or are sent to the spam folder under delete. Every once in a while (even in the same session) I will add a mail as spammer, or friend, and get this message "The BD Antispam module is disabled because the BD Security Service is stopped or disabled. Please restart your PC and try again. If this problem persists, please contact support...."

Also when I hit apply in most cases nothing happens or I get this same message. I have checked all the services (local serves in administrative options) and all BD servies are set to automatic.

I am starting to get highly frustrated with BD...if this doesn't work, does the rest of the progy work correctly; I am begining to think that I have a false sense of security here!!! My old PC-Cillin is starting to look better and better as a option.

• http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3306

Hi,

thank you for the info.

Under Spammerlist - Domainlist you can fill any like this *what you want*

But it must inside of this *

It will be block.

It is also with the White list, but here positiv.

I hope that Niels or Chris will take a look.

• What!?! There is nothing wrong with the GUI here...I think we are getting a little off topic.

As for the rest of your post; I understand how to add folks and domains to spam/friends filters.

In theory it sounds great, and would be and excellent filtering system, but <gee> lets get it to work first.

Thank you for your help Loony and I do hope your friends chime in soon...

Bone

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3306

Hi,

thank you for the info.

Under Spammerlist - Domainlist you can fill any like this *what you want*

But it must inside of this *

It will be block.

It is also with the White list, but here positiv.

I hope that Niels or Chris will take a look.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Bone,

Click on the settings button that you find on the BitDefender Antispam toolbar,press on wipe antispam database. Now use the wizard function again for marking mails. After you have done that add spammers and friends. If you want to block a entire domain you have to select domain and add this an e.g:

*@spam.la will mark everything as spam that came from the domain spam.la.

Best regards

Niels

• Neils,

I read this in one of your other posts and tried it before, but will try it again...tried it twice now still same message. That doesn't seem to work at all.

Bone

Dear Bone,

Click on the settings button that you find on the BitDefender Antispam toolbar,press on wipe antispam database. Now use the wizard function again for marking mails. After you have done that add spammers and friends. If you want to block a entire domain you have to select domain and add this an e.g:

*@spam.la will mark everything as spam that came from the domain spam.la.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear Bone,

To see if it isn't a problem with your user account. See if you still have problems when you are in another windows account. Try this go to start,run,type at the run dialog box

regsvr32 "X:\Program Files\BitDefender2008\antispam.dll" (You have to change X by the letter of the hard disc or partition where you installed BitDefender). When you add friends and spammers save the list by pressing on save. Save also the bayes filter you can do that in your mail program. Press on settings button that you will find on the BitDefender antispam toolbar and press on save bayes. Wipe once again the antispam database but now load the bayes and your friends and spammer list.

Right click on the red BitDefender icon that you will find near the system clock click on open advanced settings click on antispam the slider must be set on moderate to aggressive. Press on settings,check everything under advanced antispam filters,check also block mails written in Cyrilic characters.

Best regards

Niels

• After doing the first step that you have this is what I get (and stopped here), -->

"C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\antispam.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered"

Bone

Dear Bone,

To see if it isn't a problem with your user account. See if you still have problems when you are in another windows account. Try this go to start,run,type at the run dialog box

regsvr32 "X:\Program Files\BitDefender2008\antispam.dll" (You have to change X by the letter of the hard disc or partition where you installed BitDefender). When you add friends and spammers save the list by pressing on save. Save also the bayes filter you can do that in your mail program. Press on settings button that you will find on the BitDefender antispam toolbar and press on save bayes. Wipe once again the antispam database but now load the bayes and your friends and spammer list.

Right click on the red BitDefender icon that you will find near the system clock click on open advanced settings click on antispam the slider must be set on moderate to aggressive. Press on settings,check everything under advanced antispam filters,check also block mails written in Cyrilic characters.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear Bone,

Try this extract the archive that I attached and double click on the registry file confirm the windows message. Now navigate to the installation directory of BitDefender right click on antispam and click on register Global.net Assembly.

Best regards

Niels

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1384" data-fileid="1384" rel="">dll.rar

• Added to the registry and global net as suggested...

still get the same message

Bone

Dear Bone,

Try this extract the archive that I attached and double click on the registry file confirm the windows message. Now navigate to the installation directory of BitDefender right click on antispam and click on register Global.net Assembly.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear Bone,

That is normal. Sorry that I wasn't clear that was the alternative if the regsvr32 command failed. So you don't have to use that command. Try to follow my other suggestions in my previous post.

Best regards

Niels

• Well I have done all that you have asked...

I just downloaded 87 emails...5 were mine, and the rest spam. Nothing got marked as spam or moved to the spam folder!!!

Dear Bone,

That is normal. Sorry that I wasn't clear that was the alternative if the regsvr32 command failed. So you don't have to use that command. Try to follow my other suggestions in my previous post.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear bone,

This is only a user forum. It's a learning filter. Which means that you have to teach it by using the wizard and by adding spammers and friends. Open the installation directory of BitDefender and double click on the antispam.ini file and scroll down and see what level of antispam is set by AggCurrentLeve. Wipe once again the antispam database. Try also a repair installation of BitDefender first right click on the BitDefender icon near the system clock choose exit put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the downloaded installer and choose repair.

Best regards

Niels

• Well Niels I started the DB installation software to do a repair, that I original downloaded from the internet from the BD site, and it said it could not find the bdis.msi file. So I allowed it to connect to the internet and it downloaded it (from BD I assume). It then gave me an error code 2755 and stopped the repair and asked me to run the uninstall tool. Did that. I then reinstalled BD and it went to the internet again to get the bdis.msi file because it could not find it again. No error message this time and we are back at square 1; the antispam does not work. Also when I checked the antispam ini file as u suggested it was set to 3...but I have it set to aggressive in the program setup, shouldn't that be a 1 then?

Also to answer your other suggestions:

BD adds people to the friends and spammer lists. I have over 280 entries in the spammer list and 34 entries in the friends list. It just will not tag or move anything unless I do it myself. You also may need to know this I have 3 subaccounts under my inbox that Outlook filters to from the main inbox (I created rules in Outlook for this), because I have 3 email accounts ( mine, my wife and my business).

getting real frustrated,

Bone

PS>

I emailed all that stuff to u guys, that Loony wanted me to, and have not received a email back. It has been over a week now!!! I thought the tuen around time was 24 hours.

Dear bone,

This is only a user forum. It's a learning filter. Which means that you have to teach it by using the wizard and by adding spammers and friends. Open the installation directory of BitDefender and double click on the antispam.ini file and scroll down and see what level of antispam is set by AggCurrentLeve. Wipe once again the antispam database. Try also a repair installation of BitDefender first right click on the BitDefender icon near the system clock choose exit put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the downloaded installer and choose repair.

Best regards

Niels

• here is something that I am sure that I reported wrong to U in my settings:

AT&T/Yahoo (My ISP) requires that both incoming POP3 and outgoing SMTP both be set ro SSL. They also use non standard ports of 995 for the POP3 and 465 on SMTP.

• Niels
    Options

Dear bone,

For me antispam works without any problems and this on all my home pc's. What I know for sure is that BitDefender only scans default ports so it could be that is the reason why BitDefender antispam doesn't scan your mails for spam. This is the case for scanning incoming and outgoing mails. You have to rely on the support. Sorry but that were my possible solutions.

Best regards

Niels

• Neils I now know that is what it is. I finally got an email back from your service department and they said that BD antispam will work with ports 110 and 25 (Default ports). Gee... do you think that they will ever fix that problem. AT&T/Ameritech/SBCGlobal is probably the largest DSL provider here in the United States. To get your email you must use SSL and those nonstandard ports that I showed above.

Thank you for your help. The fix must be simply because my old PC-Cillin worked with those port settings. I'll wait it out and see what happens.

Bone

Dear bone,

For me antispam works without any problems and this on all my home pc's. What I know for sure is that BitDefender only scans default ports so it could be that is the reason why BitDefender antispam doesn't scan your mails for spam. This is the case for scanning incoming and outgoing mails. You have to rely on the support. Sorry but that were my possible solutions.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear Bone,

I am only a normal user just as you so I don't work for Softwin (BitDefender). Your mails will also not being scanned because they are send trough ssl protocol. But you are still protected when you try to open an attachment BitDefender realtime protection will react. This is the case by most antiviruses. Most isp (mailproviders) use default ports but I agree that BitDefender must have an option that you can change the ports in BitDefender for which ports need to be scanned in your mail client. I am not sure if Softwin (BitDefender) will fix in this product version but it could. If you make a topic in the feature request forum section the chance is high that they will fix it.

Good to hear that you appreciated my help.

Best regards

Niels