Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 System Restore Not Working Because Of Bd?

Options

Hi I have latest Bd total security and had to do a system restore I chose my date from system restore options and windows did its thing .Windows restarted and I see an error that system was not restored successfully because a antivirus program was running, it told me to turn off any anti-virus and chose my restore options again.I turned off BD antivirus engine and did another system restore, and same error.Can anyone help out? Thks

Comments

• Hi,

You have to do that in "Safe Mode" and here's how:

Open "Run" window (Windows key+R) . Type msconfig, press "Enter".

In "System Configuration" window, go to "Boot" tab, select "Safe boot" then "OK" and restart.

On restart, you'll see a list of commands and their numbers.

Push the appropriate number (I think it's 4) to boot in "Safe Mode".

Run "System Restore" and on restart, boot again in "Safe Mode".

"System Restore" should be succeeded.

Then run again msconfig (like above), on "Boot" tab uncheck "Safe boot" and restart.

After all, you'll see "BitDefender"...in red. Look for its issues and if it cannot fix them, try to "Repair" it.

It is so...simple! :wacko:

Regards!

• werby3
    edited December 2012
    Options
    On restart, you'll see a list of commands and their numbers.

Push the appropriate number (I think it's 4) to boot in "Safe Mode".

Sorry, forget this.

By this way (msconfig), Windows goes directly in "Safe Mode".

• werby3
    edited December 2012
    Options

...aaand in addition:

Booting in "Safe Mode" by the other way (right bar->Change PC settings/General/Advanced Start up...etc) "System Restore" won't work because after restart, Windows will boot normally (not in Safe Mode) and BitDefender won't allow restoring.

• ok so it will work only from msconfig Right? Just wondering why the hassle of going through safe mode to restore? Can I create a restore point from my regular boot in desktop though at least? Thks

• werby3
    edited December 2012
    Options

Yes, msconfig is the proper way.

Only in "Safe Mode" BD is disabled and restoring is not prevented.

You can create restore points from wherever you like.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

werby3 is right. You can also read this Microsoft article about how antivirus software and System Restore work together:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831829