Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Validate License Key (and "internet Connection Problem")

Options

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2013, having upgraded from 2012 some time ago.

My product is due to expire in 2 days. I have purchased a subscription for another year, but I am unable to register the product. When I enter the new key and cick on Register Now, I get the message "We were not able to validate the license key you entered. Please try again, or you can contact Customer Support to get help with this issue."

Whenever I try to log into MyBitdefender from the desktop application, I get a red "MyBitdefender error" dialog saying "Your Internet connection has timed out causing the authertication to fail. Please submit your account information again.". This has been happening for several months, and happens whether I log in using my MyBitdefender credentials, or Google ones. However, I then get a message telling me I am logged in, and I do appear to be logged in on the web page.

The MyBitdefender "My Products" web page shows both my old subscription (with 2 days remaining) and my new one (365 days remaining), however the Dashboard shows no devices associated with my account.

I have tried generating and entering an offline registration key - this made no difference. I have also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender, this also made no difference. I contacted Customer Services, reproduced the error and sent the logs, and received a standard reply telling me how to enter a registration key. I replied with screenshots to show the actual problem, and have received no further reply.

Can someone (Christian?) please help? If not, I will reluctantly have to write off the cost of the new subscription, drop Bitdefender and go with another product.

Comments