Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Shutdown Bitdefender/shell32.dll Locked

Options

I like to mod and theme my system which requires hacking of the shell32.dll file in C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll . Now I try replacing that file and it says it's being used by another process, ok no prob. I kill explorer open up a terminal and run taskkill /f /fi "modules eq shell32.dll". It kills all the processes except for several that return an error, odd, I look at the PIDs and open task manager low and behold the PIDs belong to Bitdefender. I try killing them under task manager, not happening, I run services.msc and I cannot stop the Bitdefender services much less change them to manual. Tried booting into safe mode, services still active and can't shut them down. If nothing else works my only option will be to boot a Linux live CD and use Linux to copy the file. This is insane, I am Admin, I've taken control of the file I should be able to do with it as I please. I realize Bitdefender was designed this way for security reasons but this is more about keeping dumb users from opening themselves to attack than defending against any specific malware.

Comments

• I like to mod and theme my system which requires hacking of the shell32.dll file in C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll . Now I try replacing that file and it says it's being used by another process, ok no prob. I kill explorer open up a terminal and run taskkill /f /fi "modules eq shell32.dll". It kills all the processes except for several that return an error, odd, I look at the PIDs and open task manager low and behold the PIDs belong to Bitdefender. I try killing them under task manager, not happening, I run services.msc and I cannot stop the Bitdefender services much less change them to manual. Tried booting into safe mode, services still active and can't shut them down. If nothing else works my only option will be to boot a Linux live CD and use Linux to copy the file. This is insane, I am Admin, I've taken control of the file I should be able to do with it as I please. I realize Bitdefender was designed this way for security reasons but this is more about keeping dumb users from opening themselves to attack than defending against any specific malware.

have you tried adding it to the exclusion list?

• Pushkar112
    edited April 2013
    Options
    have you tried adding it to the exclusion list?

You Can:

1. Reboot your PC in Safe Mode