Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Failed Installation - Seccenter/bdagent Application Errors

Options

During the installation when the application attempts to start I received application errors stating that both seccenter.exe and bdagent.exe can not start correctly with error code 0cx0000007b. I have removed all previous antivirus applications from my computer, ran a registry cleaner and ran the cleaner file for Malwarebytes. I previously had both Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials install on my computer. I have to say I am less than please with the difficulty with installing this application.

I have ran the BD Support Tool, replicated the error and have the download link ready to PM to whoever can assist with the issue.

Comments

• I'm having the exact same problem, only the safepay module works.

I'm now downloading the Win7 SP1 to see if it helps...

Please if there's any other possible solution that not passes by re-installing windows please let us know.

I'll just leave a list of what I've done already:

Uninstalled all other anti-virus / anti-malware and all the non-essential software.

Run the registry cleaner tool from Microsoft.

Did a system file scan in the command prompt.

Did a full check-disk

Tried to install from safe-mode (didn't allowed)

Tried to run it with compatibility mode.

Disabled all running processes I could.

Updated windows (only SP1 is missing now)

Note that the program gives it first error code 0cx0000007b during the instalation, so as soon as it tries to run the process it get's blocked somehow.

My theory is that the installer is putting wrong 32bit dll files when it should be installing 64bit files. The Bitdefender folder is in the Program folder and not Programs (x86) folder, I dunno if that can help somehow...

• Georgia
    Options

Hello and welcome to our forum!

Please follow the instructions available in our knowledge-base article to fix this issue:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...C2%B2-1106.html

Should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to post back. :)