Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windoes 8 Security Install "scanning" Extremely Slow

Options

I have an older laptop I recently upgraded, (SSD and win 8 32bit). Nothing on it, ssd was out of box, except for clean full install of Win 8 32bit OS and MS Office pro. Haven't even opened a browser yet except to grab a copy of bitdefender windows 8 security. Machine has a dual core Pentium with gb ram, which is lower end of your specs, but with SSD scores are fairly high.

OK during install the "Scanning" section is taking an extremely long time. By that I mean during first install it only went to 2% after an hour and asusming it was stuck I cancelled install, and tried again. Now after 14hours it is at 42% in your installs scanning progress bar.

Again only thing on machine is clean install of 32 Win 8 pro install, clean install of MS office 10, and bitdefenders installation process. Yes it is on a 32 bit Pentium dual core with 8, but it is a SSD which is screaming fast actually on boot and program launches. I have no other company's software, including no prior a/v.

Can it take 36 hours (my extrapolated estimate) to initially install scan 20 GB of a virgin OS and virgin office only on a SSD? or have you seen this bug before?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Please note that the scan time depends on the number of files you have. More files will make the scan task take longer to finish.

In order for BitDefender to make a complete scanning, you need to shut down all open programs. Especially your email-clients (i.e. Outlook, ThunderBird) and browsers. Also we do not recommend you to use the computer while the scan is running. The scan process is designed to use all available resources, this way the process will be faster and will provide the best protection.

Looking forward to hear from you!