Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2013 Installation Taking More Than 4 Hours

Options

Hi,

I purchased BD 2013 today (on 3rd Jan, 13) and started installation in my system. First two steps happened smoothly i.e. 1. saving the .exe file and 2. Removing my existing Security software (Norton).

After that my system was rebooted and installation started which has been going on for more than 4 hours and yet not been finished.

I assume there is some issue with the installation. In betwwen, I was disconnected from my net connection for around 5 mins and again connected back to it. Could that be the issue ?

What should I do now ? How long am I supposed to keep my system on ?

I have attached the screenshot of what I am seeing.

Home Config. : Win 7 Home edition, RAM : 4GB,

Thanks,

Sumanta Chatterjee

post-125495-1357235230_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Sher
    Options
    Hi,

I purchased BD 2013 today (on 3rd Jan, 13) and started installation in my system. First two steps happened smoothly i.e. 1. saving the .exe file and 2. Removing my existing Security software (Norton).

After that my system was rebooted and installation started which has been going on for more than 4 hours and yet not been finished.

I assume there is some issue with the installation. In betwwen, I was disconnected from my net connection for around 5 mins and again connected back to it. Could that be the issue ?

What should I do now ? How long am I supposed to keep my system on ?

I have attached the screenshot of what I am seeing.

Home Config. : Win 7 Home edition, RAM : 4GB,

Thanks,

Sumanta Chatterjee

Try the offline installer instead. The online installer is always problematic.

• Try the offline installer instead. The online installer is always problematic.

Is this what you are referring to : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494 ?

• columbo
    Options

Yes, that is the correct link Sher is referring to, it's the full download version. Save it to your desktop or downloads, and when it's completed, right click and run as admin.

Hope it gets you up and running :)

Columbo

• Yes, that is the correct link Sher is referring to, it's the full download version. Save it to your desktop or downloads, and when it's completed, right click and run as admin.

Hope it gets you up and running :)

Columbo

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. My config. is Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 -bit OS. In the link mentioned above there are two options, I guess I have to use " x64 full kit ", please correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks,

Sumanta

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :) Thanks for posting back with your concern, as you were right on track in considering the X64 (64-bit) download, that is the correct version for your OS.

Also, a helpful suggestion, when you run the downloaded file (since it's been an install problem) and it asks for you to check for the newest version (updates), decline it at this point, and proceed with the install. After the install, then you can run an Update.

:)

Columbo

• You're welcome :) Thanks for posting back with your concern, as you were right on track in considering the X64 (64-bit) download, that is the correct version for your OS.

Also, a helpful suggestion, when you run the downloaded file (since it's been an install problem) and it asks for you to check for the newest version (updates), decline it at this point, and proceed with the install. After the install, then you can run an Update.

:)

Columbo

Hi Columbo & Sher,

Downloading and installation worked, no problem so far, fingers crossed. Thanks :)

One quick query : Should I switch off the Windows defender ? If I keep BD running along with Win Defender, does that create any problem ?

Thanks.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Another good question, Sumanta :)

Yes, please disable, switch off, Windows Defender (its Automatic scanning, Real time protection, and Admin/Use this program) as to not conflict with Bitdefender's scanning engines. I believe Bitdefender normally turns Windows Defender off upon install, as well as Windows Firewall, for those who buy the Suites.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

Although I am late here and the issue is resolved with good suggestions by columbo. But I am posting here just for knowledge.

1) Thoroughly uninstall any Antivirus from its official uninstall tool from here

Uninstall Tools Links For Antivirus Softwares

2) You can do the procedure for Novice or Advanced user according to your skill level from here

How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure.

3) Disconnect you system from internet and then try to install Bitdefender with offline installer, just ignore when it asks to check for the newest version. After successful installation, you can enable the internet connection and update your product.

The installer type (32 or 64 bits) should be according to the Windows (32 or 64 bits) installed....means 32 bit installer for 32 bit Windows and so on.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Thanks for that follow up info., ONT :)

• Georgia
    Options

The issue seems to be resolved.

I will close this topic, but if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to start a new topic. :)

This discussion has been closed.