Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Display Bug And Question About Windows 8 Security

Options

Hello Bitdefender,

I'm running Total Security 2013 on Windows 8 and am using a higher DPI setting so everything isn't tiny on my 47" tv. I notice that when opening any of the "___ Rules" dialogs there are no visible scrollbars and the last item in the list is only 1/4 visible.

Some screenshots:

post-118168-1357362800_thumb.jpg

post-118168-1357362806_thumb.jpg

And a snippet from my dxdiag to get an idea of my settings/config:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/31/2012, 09:39:58

Machine name: JIM-PC

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.121119-1606)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16368MB RAM

Page File: 2702MB used, 15968MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

And on to my second question...

I purchased my two-year Total Security 2013 license in early November due to having constant blue screens and finally figuring out it was the (long from expiring) avast antivirus I had been using. Shortly after I had noticed that you guys released Windows 8 Security. I've read that it's actually faster and optimized for Windows 8, did the whole 30 day trial after trying unsuccessfully to use my Total Security key in it and I like it. Is there any way I can transfer my Total Security key to Windows 8 Security without having to pay again? I see the two-year for total security actually costs more than 8 security so hoefully shouldnt be an issue regarding price difference.

So far I'm pretty happy with bitdefender with the exception of a few minor annoyances (such as the scaling issue and the firewall settings interface. I liked the way avast grouped applications from the same companies and had better prompts to allow or block connections when in paranoid mode). So far everything's been fast, stable and clean so being able to squeeze some more performance out bitdefender would be icing on the antivirus cake. :)

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

I don't recemmend any user to use Avast for many reasons, but we can't discuss here on the forum.

For your first problem, you can try to change the display resolution.

• I don't recemmend any user to use Avast for many reasons, but we can't discuss here on the forum.

For your first problem, you can try to change the display resolution.

I'm at my native resolution, but have my dpi scaling settings upped. Seems bitdefender doesn't properly scale to higher dpi's, which is increasingly common with crazy high resolution monitors and HDTV's. My display looks fudged on any other resolution.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I'm at my native resolution, but have my dpi scaling settings upped. Seems bitdefender doesn't properly scale to higher dpi's, which is increasingly common with crazy high resolution monitors and HDTV's. My display looks fudged on any other resolution.

I was also guessing the same, its Bitdefender scaling compatibility to higher resolutions.