Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security Crashed Win 8

Options

This issue involves three products:

BD Free Antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013, BitDefender Windows 8 Security

1. I've installed BD Free Antivirus, which crashed my computer while trying to run Privazer. BitDefender was informed about it, but so far, no solution.

2. I've purchased and installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 on my Win 8 computer. While trying to run Privazer, BD crashed my computer. I informed BD customer service about the problem and received a ticket number via email. I emailed my .dmp file to them and received a very strange answer - a messed-up gibberish nonsense:

======================================================

The original message was received at Sat, 5 Jan 2013 02:00:41 +0200

from www-us-e.bitdefender.com [10.11.0.6] (may be forged)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #user"

(reason: Can't create output)

(expanded from: <otrs-ts-com@otrs.dsd.hq>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----

procmail: [17223] Sat Jan 5 02:00:41 2013

procmail: Assigning "LOGFILE=.log_proc"

procmail: Opening ".log_proc"

550 5.0.0 "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #user"... Can't create output

============================================================

3. I've purchased and installed BitDefender Windows 8 Security on a different computer. Tried to run Privazer, but my computer crashed again.

I went to http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html to file my complaint about the crash. I could not find BitDefender Windows 8 Security AV among the products but I was able to send a BDSP file, created by BitdefenderSupportTool.

So far, I have not received any response from BitDefender.

I will not give up complaining until BitDefender decides to fix that glitch.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi indie :)

I know this is not a solution, as I see you have been working with Christian and Customer Support. I also see from a post, that you also use CCleaner. For me on Windows 8, running BD Windows 8 Security, is that if I set CCleaner in, Options/Settings/Secure Deletion, for anything but the default Normal deletion setting (cp. to 3-7) it hangs on the first file, without advancing. When I hit Cancel, locks up Windows without being able to access Task Manager, or Process Explorer to shut it down, to the point of having to do a hard reboot.

So something may be amiss with this type of software, and in my case, needing to leave CCleaner with the default deletion setting. (I do have AVC set to Normal)

Kind regards,

Columbo

• 3. I've purchased and installed BitDefender Windows 8 Security on a different computer. Tried to run Privazer, but my computer crashed again.

I went to http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html to file my complaint about the crash. I could not find BitDefender Windows 8 Security AV among the products but I was able to send a BDSP file, created by BitdefenderSupportTool.

So far, I have not received any response from BitDefender.

I will not give up complaining until BitDefender decides to fix that glitch.

I have not heard anything from BD Customer service about my issue; therefore, I found a temporary solution to a permanent problem. I went to Antivirus Settings - Exclusions - Excluded Processes and entered Privazer.exe and Allow. I ran Privazer. NO ISSUES. Thank you BitDefender for your excellent product that I can use with Privazer.

• Hi indie :)

I know this is not a solution, as I see you have been working with Christian and Customer Support. I also see from a post, that you also use CCleaner. For me on Windows 8, running BD Windows 8 Security, is that if I set CCleaner in, Options/Settings/Secure Deletion, for anything but the default Normal deletion setting (cp. to 3-7) it hangs on the first file, without advancing. When I hit Cancel, locks up Windows without being able to access Task Manager, or Process Explorer to shut it down, to the point of having to do a hard reboot.

So something may be amiss with this type of software, and in my case, needing to leave CCleaner with the default deletion setting. (I do have AVC set to Normal)

Kind regards,

Columbo

Columbo,

I found a temporary solution to a permanent problem. I went to Antivirus Settings - Exclusions - Excluded Processes and entered CCleaner.exe and Allow. I ran CCleaner. NO ISSUES.

• columbo
    Options
    Columbo,

I found a temporary solution to a permanent problem. I went to Antivirus Settings - Exclusions - Excluded Processes and entered CCleaner.exe and Allow. I ran CCleaner. NO ISSUES.

Thank you for that tip. Considering it was loading/running, I didn't think to add that to Exclusions. I'll give it a try, and again, thank you :)

• Rampant
    Options

Adding processes to the exclusion should be a temporary measure, to the fact that to tech support was able to identify the problem and fix it in the next update.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@ indie :

Please tell me if this issue persists with the new build version 16.28.0.1763

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Thank you.