Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

To Bd Support

Options

Hello,

Due to all my respect and bla...bla...bla to your support(?) can you please inform me about the reason of banning me as werby33 although I didn't break any rule with my 3 posts (1 just to agree with the user's comments - who have not banned - and the other 2 posts just to redirect users to the proper topic for their issues)???

Is it just empathy, lack of humor, both of them or nothing?

I'm really interesting to know that before you ban me for ever. And because I know that you are not allowed to have such kind of conversation here, I'd be very glad if you could send me an e-mail, promising that I am not going to publish it here or anywhere.

As for my sarcastic (about support) behavior, is the less you can wait from a customer that (for more than 7 months) waits for your help. I have to remind you that there are unsolved issues even from BDIS 2012 so, you did make me not to take you in serious anymore.

Anyway, even if you would ban me for ever, comments about your unacceptable and ridiculous behavior will not going to be disappeared. A simple look at many posts may assure you.

My Best Regards!

p s: After this you can ban me for ever or even better you can send me a virus getting my motherboard "flambé" and you know how. The way you send advertising popups (covering all screen w/o an X button) doing BD acting like a virus.

Comments

• ...I forgot to mention :

This forum is still alive thanks to columbo, ONT, Rambant and a few more users who make the job you supposed MUST do.

THX guys!!!

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, werby3 :) You have many helpful posts, too. I hope things get worked out ok.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    ...I forgot to mention :

This forum is still alive thanks to columbo, ONT, Rambant and a few more users who make the job you supposed MUST do.

THX guys!!!

Thanks for the compliments. You know I was also suspended for three days for that sarcastic post titled "The Benefits Of Silent Security & Silent Technical Support, Physiological and Psychological aspects".

• Rampant
    Options

I also get banned)) for the tough questions, helped my friend from Bitdefender.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hello,

Due to all my respect and bla...bla...bla to your support(?) can you please inform me about the reason of banning me as werby33 although I didn't break any rule with my 3 posts (1 just to agree with the user's comments - who have not banned - and the other 2 posts just to redirect users to the proper topic for their issues)???

Is it just empathy, lack of humor, both of them or nothing?

I'm really interesting to know that before you ban me for ever. And because I know that you are not allowed to have such kind of conversation here, I'd be very glad if you could send me an e-mail, promising that I am not going to publish it here or anywhere.

As for my sarcastic (about support) behavior, is the less you can wait from a customer that (for more than 7 months) waits for your help. I have to remind you that there are unsolved issues even from BDIS 2012 so, you did make me not to take you in serious anymore.

Anyway, even if you would ban me for ever, comments about your unacceptable and ridiculous behavior will not going to be disappeared. A simple look at many posts may assure you.

My Best Regards!

p s: After this you can ban me for ever or even better you can send me a virus getting my motherboard "flambé" and you know how. The way you send advertising popups (covering all screen w/o an X button) doing BD acting like a virus.

werby3...If BD decides to 'kick you off the island', I will miss your sense of humour. I too was suspended for one day for being 'Off Topic'. So now I must try and behave myself. It is not easy. Good Luck.

• Hello all,

I cannot believe it!!!

In some places this is called fascism.

I want to believe that it's only bad professionalism and of course lack of humor.

Perhaps, this topic, breaks the rules again - cause it isn't for products but for services.

But always have in mind that nobody and nothing can make progress without breaking the rules.

That's why we are not still on trees.

Thank you very very much.

Have a wonderful year!!!

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

If you don't like Bitdefender, then why do you keep coming back for more? The following questions are for anyone reading this.

I have used Bitdefender for 6 versions; 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 without any major problems.

Many of these problems mentioned might just be system specific. None of us have any idea if there are remnants of previously installed antivirus programs, infection, the condition of the operating system or of any programs that may be incompatible. Or, a bug. Typically, persons who come to support forums are having problems. What about the other 100 million? Just an example here as I have no idea of the number of users having problems in relation to the over-all number of users.

You have the option to uninstall Bitdefender and/or quit signing onto the forum. This will solve your problems unless you are totally obsessed by this.

Are you an anti-Bitdefender activist?

I think users can decide for themselves whether or not they are receiving the support they are entitled to.

Honestly, is is no longer cute, is a hindrance and is counter-productive. Over and over and over again. By now, I am certain that the folks at

Bitdefender are aware of these complaints.

I think Christian or whomever banned you is being very lenient. On many forums, circumventing a ban by creating a new account

can justify a permanent ban.

It's in the rules if you have bothered to read them. -> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=311&id=18

"4.

Users are not allowed to use clones(using more than one account by a single person). Breaking this rule will lead to a permanent IP ban."

I don't normally comment on things like this and don't mean any disrespect, but enough is enough. I am certain that this will be locked soon so get your comments in quickly.

There are other support options. See attached.

post-63102-1357505368_thumb.png

• columbo
    Options

Remember the line in Jerry Maguire.."you had me at hello"...werby3, you had me (you were doing better) until post#7..what happened :blink:

I consider Charyb (and ozziebear) to be the "heart and spirit" of this forum in the good way, even keeled and temperate, and I have to say, Charyb makes some good points, esp. about the forum rules.

Agreed, this thread needs to be locked and or deleted, and to get on with helping people.

• Hi,

I thought I was in an AV official forum and not in a Judges's one.

Anyway, for the last time :

Nobody and nothing can make progress without breaking the rules.

That's why we are not still on trees.

As for this topic I absolutely agree that has to be closed because once again it miss the point which is the lack of official support that customers have the legal right to have cause they have paid for it.

I would like to answer on Charyb's questions, although the way he's put them give itself the answers (so, they are not really questions) but (as columbo suggests) I have to help a very old woman to cross the road now.

Thank you all especially to very lenient (with my money) Christian!!!

My Best Regards!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

There is an interesting discussion on-going here which is becoming hotter. Almost all of the frequent poster's replies are here.

@Charyb:

1) "If you don't like Bitdefender, then why do you keep coming back for more? The following questions are for anyone reading this.

I have used Bitdefender for 6 versions; 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 without any major problems."

Congratulations on being the ideal user of Bitdefender. But unfortunately most of the users here on the forum rae not blessed with such good luck.

2) "Many of these problems mentioned might just be system specific. None of us have any idea if there are remnants of previously installed antivirus programs, infection, the condition of the operating system or of any programs that may be incompatible. Or, a bug. Typically, persons who come to support forums are having problems. What about the other 100 million? Just an example here as I have no idea of the number of users having problems in relation to the over-all number of users."

Biased comments? We know that every product has bugs/issues and some of them may be unique or not common. Also there are many issues posted here in which the Bitdefender has been installed on the fresh and clean system, but still the user faced the issues. But I think you forget that why the Christian or DanyDan demands for logs gathered by the tools "Supporttool, bdsyslog, bdsyslog_i, AVIS, fileinfo2008, sysdump, GMER etc. Where are the results of that logs. I personally send many times the requested logs, but got no replies. On other forums there are many persons from the support to reply on the forums e.g Moderators, Technical Support, but that is not the case here. Only one person from the Technical Support (Christian) is replying here. And there is no substitute for him if he is not available due to any reason.

3) "You have the option to uninstall Bitdefender and/or quit signing onto the forum. This will solve your problems unless you are totally obsessed by this.

Are you an anti-Bitdefender activist?

I think users can decide for themselves whether or not they are receiving the support they are entitled to."

This is not the solution. Still you have to get response from the support to get refund in that case also.

4) "Honestly, is is no longer cute, is a hindrance and is counter-productive. Over and over and over again. By now, I am certain that the folks at

Bitdefender are aware of these complaints."

Of course they are aware but since the release of their "Silent Product (2012 and afterwards)", their Technical support also becomes Silent.

5) "I think Christian or whomever banned you is being very lenient. On many forums, circumventing a ban by creating a new account

can justify a permanent ban.

It's in the rules if you have bothered to read them. -> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=311&id=18

"4.

Users are not allowed to use clones(using more than one account by a single person). Breaking this rule will lead to a permanent IP ban.""

Wow thats amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes: .........instead of admitting their mistake about delayed response and improving their support level and speed-up the response, they are either banning or suspending the users, thats great....... if the users show them the truth and express their frustration. Sometimes Christian asked for logs and the user send them and he disappear then and the user waiting, waiting and waiting, he then either switched to other solution or do re-install or something elso. Again Christian came back and again asked for more logs for that issue, but now the user don't have. And therefore no progress can be made to the solution of the problem.....I also faced this many times. This happened to me many times also. I also tried to get support on the forum, Ticket IDs, Live Chat, but could not get proper response in time.

The Technical Support is as Silent as their product.

I agree with werby3, and there are chances that this topic will be deleted like in the past and we get banned or suspended either permanently or temporarily for showing them the bitter truth.

• hi werby i agree whith you and afortunately read your article in the google cache. I think the support are very silent, i can say bad words but #%"##"$#". They ask me my logs and dont resolve any of my problems. Now bitdefender Works properly and fine, and i hope function well long time. I use bullguard but their support becomes lazzy and dont solve the problems, only a girl called Andrea ostache solve your problems and give you peace on mind, on f scure have a excelent support, on kaspersky they ask your logs and always blame the user for issues or problems, and give instructions what one no can do, on McAfee they call for thelephone and in Norton too, but i dont trust on them because they dont solve my problems affter upgrade Windows 8. I going to say you my experience. Bullguard dont scan about rooitkits, GMER and combofix dont work properly on Windows 8 lenovo g470, i am unprotected and i decide to buy bitdefender whith a considerable discount on their Facebook fan page. I see the comparatives and i agree thats a great product, are the first behavior shield work, the first antispam work, the first antivirus who give me peace on mind. I think werby Bitdefender is a great product, but i think the support dont help in nothing (only in the fórums help well and have a good atention). I think your post are very constructive because the support must applicate (in mexico says set on batterys "ponerse las pilas"). By other side i think every user can repair the product or reinstall, but not everyone knows clean registry to clean install i must to format my computer to solve my problema and test many ways in that 72 hours the support live chat support ignores me. By other side many ussers dont know if their security product Works fine only paid and they think all work fine. I think we only dont ask much, we only ask they solve our cuestions, because every one knows disable enable antivirus, see logs, reports. For example to see the rootkit protection in bullguard i have to go to bitdefender fórum and see how to check if tropos drivers Works whith cmd. Another problema i have in the past are bitdefender detects his own signatures like virus in a new computer formated whith Windows 7 original disk. What happen whith the support how can we (queja). I think you not are antibitdefender activist. I think you demand our riggths like costumers and i hope have more brave and valiant persons to demand it. The fórum are magnific, but what happen whith the "free support for chat and mail" we pay for this or we have to pay 100 usd to install configure and remove viruses, thats are a very bad (estafa) . I hope dont baned and hope a way to report and perform a good support for the prouct. Is really necesary paid to conect to my computer to solve a litle problem like action center dont work. The problem of action center are solved thanks to you and columbo and another guy, thats injust. I have no more to say only i hope you read this and please valorate, i dont speak english and read all your post and worte my personal mensaje because i apreciate your iniciative. Im not thectical user im sociologist and know when are a injustice

• coolcool1227
    Options

To my experience, Bitdefender Technical Support much better than other forums, but this is from past. I can't understand what happened to them now on every support channels.? But I still hope that they will come back and provide the same excellent and prompt Technical Support, may be better, but I don't know or forecast when they starting doing this. :rolleyes:

• werby3
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello,

I totally agree with ONT.

I cannot forget that - in past - they used even TeamViewer, remoting our PCs and see what happens and fixed it in a few days.

I hope too for a dynamic come back of this excellent support.

Regards!

• columbo
    Options

@ werby3...I'm still looking to help old ladies across the street, too, lol, good one :)

And who am I to say if a this thread should be locked or deleted (previous post), might I have a bit of post#s ego trip thing going on ^_^ it's Christian's call.

We all know Christian monitors this forum, and knows about this thread. I think he knows it's been a ruff couple of weeks, and is just letting us vent a little steam, thank you, Christian :) It may be a "burn thread" like a burn phone, disposable after awhile.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

@ ONT

1. "Congratulations on being the ideal user of Bitdefender. But unfortunately most of the users here on the forum are not blessed with such good luck."

The key words are, "here on the forum". If Bitdefender is that buggy, how does it continue to work on my computers without problems. Through XP, Vista, Windows 7? How do they have so many users? If it is not system specific, shouldn't this software have a negative effect on my systems too? And the friends that I have recommended it to? With over 100 million users, why aren't these 100 million requesting support? Like I said, most of the time, the only people that post on support forums are people having problems (or help). People don't normally come to a support forum to say great job.

2. Biased comments?

I mentioned many could be system specific, not all. I also mentioned bugs. No way for any of us to know. We don't receive the log files.

How many people have no problems as compared to those having problems? There is no way for any of us to answer this question either. I don't assume one way or the other.

3. "This is not the solution."

It is for me. If something bothered me so much that I had to post about it everyday (became on obsession), then it would no longer be part of my life. It's not worth $50.00 (USD) to be so negative and unhappy. Why keep something in your life that causes pain?

4. "their Technical support also becomes Silent."

I never disagreed with this.

5. "Wow thats amazing, isn't it? .........instead of admitting their mistake about delayed response and improving their support level and speed-up the response, they are either banning or suspending the users, thats great....... if the users show them the truth and express their frustration. Sometimes Christian asked for logs and the user send them and he disappear then and the user waiting, waiting and waiting, he then either switched to other solution or do re-install or something elso. Again Christian came back and again asked for more logs for that issue, but now the user don't have. And therefore no progress can be made to the solution of the problem.....I also faced this many times. This happened to me many times also. I also tried to get support on the forum, Ticket IDs, Live Chat, but could not get proper response in time."

Banned for breaking the rules. Why continue to hijack other person's threads to create even more problems for the original poster and yourself? Helping others is a nice thing to do. Hijacking another person's thread for a personal agenda is not. Why not start your own thread? There are other support methods besides the forums. These are located in the GUI which appear to be Bitdefender's preferred method. If they don't respond there, then yes, this is a mistake. If my computer had BSOD and it wasn't fixed in a reasonable time frame and I didn't receive the proper support, I would definitely use a different product. No company has the market cornered when it comes to antivirus.

• coolcool1227
    Options

@Charyb

Good arguments by you. Our concern is to get the fixes for issues in good time, not to wait so long, simply showing our frustration and by the way who is hijacking the thread? In past I started threads for pointing out the silent behavior of Technical Support and get suspended for three days. Similar thing is happened to the original poster of this thread, but even worse, he was banned.

And regarding 100 million users, how much are aware of the support on the forum? They may try to get support from some other channels may be official or non-official.

I have forwarded my concern which is in favor of the original poster's thought. Thats all......

• werby3
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello Charyb

First of all, thank you for your participation in this. Your opinion is respectable and very useful BUT you have to be more careful about the suggestions and critic you do about persons cause nobody asked you to do this.

And because you like personal suggestions and critics listen to this:

When you finish your studies about rules you must start learning about how to listen to and perhaps some day you will be able to realize the substance of what you listen.

If you are a young boy this is easy but if you are not so young it's a little bit difficult and it needs some more effort.

At this moment, you can see the forest but you cannot see the tree.

Oooh...and one more thing. Before you start suggesting to someone here it's better for you to look at the number of his posts first (not mine).

Regards!