Windows 8, Explorer Crashing When Accessing Usb Drives

Good day,

I have had the strangest thing happening to my windows 8 pro, after installing Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

When i inserted all my flash disks it would crash explorer.exe and take me back into windows start menu, although it would not do it with an external hard drive. I could not even immunize the disks. I loaded it on 2 desktop pc's running windows 8, and a laptop running windows 8. And all three systems did the same thing. So after a long battle of a about a week i finally formatted my laptop installed windows 7, and Bitdefender Total Security 2013. After installation i could access all my disk and immunize them. Then stuck it back into windows 8 system and it was working fine from there, i could access my drives again.

Is there any known bug on this subject? Or is bitdefender total security 2013 incompatible with windows 8?

Regards, SardukaR

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello SardukaR,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has already been solved by automatic update of the Bitdefender product.

Please make sure your build is 16.28.0.1763 (right click on the Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

Please feel free to contact us if you have other questions.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.