Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Sandbox With Ie10 Crashed My Win 8

I have Windows 8 Security Antivirus. I've decided to try the sandbox function while using Internet Explorer 10. I tried the BD Sandbox with Firefox without ANY PROBLEMS. When I opened IE 10 and clicked on the dagger, my computer crashed with the following message:"Page fault in nonpaged area avckf.sys". After my computer rebooted, Windows 8 Security did not recognize BitDefender AV. After rebooting three times, my computer is running smoothly. I downloaded BitdefenderSupportTool, ran it, and uploaded it to mediafire.com.

For the time being, I would advise not to use the BD Sandbox with IE 10.

Comments

• I have Windows 8 Security Antivirus. I've decided to try the sandbox function while using Internet Explorer 10. I tried the BD Sandbox with Firefox without ANY PROBLEMS. When I opened IE 10 and clicked on the dagger, my computer crashed with the following message:"Page fault in nonpaged area avckf.sys". After my computer rebooted, Windows 8 Security did not recognize BitDefender AV. After rebooting three times, my computer is running smoothly. I downloaded BitdefenderSupportTool, ran it, and uploaded it to mediafire.com.

I've tried to use the BD sandbox while using Internet Explorer 9 with Windows 7 and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013. No problems. I think BitDefender Windows 8 Security Antivirus still has some bugs that need to be fixed.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Did you used Internet Explorer in the modern interface or the one from the desktop?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Did you used Internet Explorer in the modern interface or the one from the desktop?

Thank you!

I used it from the desktop. Also, I've tried the BD sandbox utility with IE9 on my Win 7 computer with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 installed and did not have any problems. Just after I closed the sandboxed IE 9, I got a popup message saying that "cannot find Internet Explorer".

• I used it from the desktop. Also, I've tried the BD sandbox utility with IE9 on my Win 7 computer with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 installed and did not have any problems. Just after I closed the sandboxed IE 9, I got a popup message saying that "cannot find Internet Explorer".

You can ignore that messege.It happens too me too,but i'm using win 7 and BIS 2013.

• suditu
    suditu ✭✭
    edited January 2013

In chrome and firefox i don't have problems ,too.

I hope they wiil resolve the problems.

Good luck.

• I have Windows 8 Security Antivirus. I've decided to try the sandbox function while using Internet Explorer 10. I tried the BD Sandbox with Firefox without ANY PROBLEMS. When I opened IE 10 and clicked on the dagger, my computer crashed with the following message:"Page fault in nonpaged area avckf.sys". After my computer rebooted, Windows 8 Security did not recognize BitDefender AV. After rebooting three times, my computer is running smoothly. I downloaded BitdefenderSupportTool, ran it, and uploaded it to mediafire.com.

From the Modern UI IE10 runs sandboxed by default. From desktop it is turned off by default or at least was while they were still testing W8. If you want to use IE10 from the destkop I would suggest turning on its sandbox feature and not BD.s

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Let us know if this issue persists with the new build version 16.28.0.1789

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Looking forward to hearing from you.