Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Antivirus Plus 2013 And Mbsa Wsusscn2.cab

This morning, I did a full scan on my Windows 7 computer with BD Antivirus Plus 2013.

The scan was very fast in comparison to Avira AV that I used to have on the same computer.

It took BD Antivirus Plus 2013 only 29 minutes to complete. A full scan when my previous AVIRA AV used to take about 2 hours.

The BD Log File showed the following:

================================

Product : Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013

Scanning task : System Scan

Scanned items : 1111852

Infected items : 0 (no infected items have been detected)

Suspicious items : 0 (no suspected items have been detected)

================================

About 15 minutes later, I got a message from the BD Antivirus Events that

"BD Antivirus 2013 found and deleted one infected file: Microsoft\MBSA\Cache\wsusscn2.cab. Your computer is virus-free".

I've checked on-line for more information about mbsa wsusscn2.cab.

Here is what I found:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc184924.aspx

"Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) checks for operating system and ... or in a secure environment, from an offline catalog file named Wsusscn2.cab."

Comments

• werby3
    edited January 2013

Hello indie,

It seems that it's a false positive. If so, BD devs have to deal with it.

The most annoying for me is the "found and deleted" action, without prompt or quarantine or whatever that allows user to deal with it.

Is this your case? Is there, in events, any option to recover/restore this file?

Because in some cases there is no recovering.

Regards!

• Hello indie,

It seems that it's a false positive. If so, BD devs have to deal with it.

The most annoying for me is the "found and deleted" action, without prompt or quarantine or whatever that allows user to deal with it.

Is this your case? Is there, in events, any option to recover/restore this file?

Because in some cases there is no recovering.

Regards!

My BD Antivirus said,

===================================================

The file ...Microsoft\MBSA\Cache\wsusscn2.cab has been detected as infected. Bitdefender disinfected this item. Your computer is virus-free.

===================================================

I went to that location and found the file without any changes. Nothing was removed.

• werby3
    edited January 2013

Hi,

Perhaps, this is not your case (deletion).

Now, you probably have a useless (for Microsoft) file and you cannot do anything about it.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi,

The files found suspicious by AVC (false positives) are not deleted, only blocked.

If a file is deleted, it means that we already have a signature for it as being a known malware.

Please post back if you have other questions.