Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Vs Bitdefender Windows 8 Security

Options

Hi,

As i could not find any documentation between feature comparison of the two products, I am opening a thread for the same. Is Windows 8 Security going to be a different line of product side by side Bitdefender Total Security and its variants or its all the same just crafted for Windows 8?. Also I'd like to know if all future products will be an update to Windows 8 Security or the Total Security line of products will also be updated.

Also I'd like to know if all the features of Total Security like Safebox etc are included in Windows 8 Security or not. A feature list of Windows 8 Security would be a good start.

Thanks.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi LoneWOLFs :)

I agree, that it would be nice to see a comparison chart of BD Windows 8 to the "standard" versions. Yet, because it is only for Windows 8 OS, I think they still try to keep it separate from the other products (i.e. on the comparison chart) as to not confuse people. I suppose once, hopefully, when they come out with an AV+ and Total Security version of BD 8, they will then be able to compare those versions side by side.

For now, we just need to educate other new members who have that question, that BD 8 has the same features as the 2013 Security Suite, with these added safeguards and enhancements.

• lonewolfs
    Options

Thanks for the info that was helpful :)

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, it was gladly done :)

• columbo
    Options

For those new here, this is the type of comparison LoneWOLFs was referring to: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antiv...comparison.html

(was not able to edit quick enough, to add this to my above post)

• lonewolfs
    Options

I installed the trial and I found some modules missing from the Windows 8 Security. The 'Tuneup', 'Safebox' and 'File Encryption' modules are missing from Windows 8 Security :(

I wonder now as I wondered then whether this is an upgrade or downgrade.

post-70280-1358279316_thumb.png

post-70280-1358279351_thumb.png

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hi LoneWOLFs :)

Post #2 -------------------------------------

For now, we just need to educate other new members who have that question, that BD 8 has the same features as the 2013 Security Suite, with these added safeguards and enhancements.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post, but the BD 8 version is the same as the suite, thus the comparison post above, #5 (of the 2013 Suite/BD8, compared to Total Security). So yes, if you had the 2013 Total Security, and installed to BD 8, it is a downgrade to the suite level.

Again, apologies if I didn't clarify it better in my posts.

• columbo
    Options

Since I am a member here, and try to keep up with Bitdefender and it's versions, I am now (finally :) ) realizing someone new to the Bitdefender Windows 8 Security, may not know all the features it includes, compared to the "standard" 2013 versions.

Even though there is only 1 product of Bitdefender Windows 8 Security, and thus not another "8" version to compare it to, they should describe it better for what components/features it has, like is seen on the 2013 versions Comparison web page: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antiv...comparison.html

To hopefully draw a little more attention to the Bitdefender team, I will start a thread in Feature Request, for them to give better details on their Bitdefender 8 web page.

Regards,

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    Options

I could not understand why they put there efforts for launching separate security suite that is only for Windows 8 rather than to put efforts in enhancing and removing the bugs in the 2013 product line......no logic for introducing new product.....

• lonewolfs
    Options

Though it has less features still it acts and reacts better than Total Security 2013 in every aspect so its better to run this on 8 :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello LoneWOLFs,

You could also read this post on Bitdefender Windows 8 Security:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=177948

Please post back if you have other questions or concerns.