Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis Windows 8

Options
potjevleesch
potjevleesch ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Installation

I've just started today to evaluate it, installed flawlessly after uninstalling BAV 2013, the question is: did I do right disabling totally W8 firewall that BIS left up and running ?

thx

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi potjevleesch, and welcome :)

Glad to hear your install went smoothly...yet I'm not sure why BD 8 (Suite) needs a little help from us, as it should on it's own during install, disable both Windows Firewall, and also Defender and its real time scanner (which in Win 8 is an AV scanner too, i.e. MSE). I'm sure that will be remedied in the future by BD techs. So yes, please make sure both of those are disabled.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• potjevleesch
    potjevleesch ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hi potjevleesch, and welcome :)

Glad to hear your install went smoothly...yet I'm not sure why BD 8 (Suite) needs a little help from us, as it should on it's own during install, disable both Windows Firewall, and also Defender and its real time scanner (which in Win 8 is an AV scanner too, i.e. MSE). I'm sure that will be remedied in the future by BD techs. So yes, please make sure both of those are disabled.

Kind regards,

Columbo

Thank you for your kind answer ! W8 defender has been fully disabled by BIS W8 install process, W8 firewall has been left aside, it should be adressed quickly thinking of noobs.

Bye :)

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :) I wasn't absolutely for certain that BD may not have disabled Defender, but I just wanted to make sure. I think though, I have seen another case of Windows Firewall not being disabled when installing on Win 8 OS. So maybe Bitdefender's 1/2 way there with that disabling glitch ^_^