[escalated] Lots Of Stuff Being Tagged As Spam/scam

Using Bitdefender SafeGo on Facebook with Firefox and Chrome. Although I don't see many scams these days as many of my contacts on Facebook are getting more sophisticated in spotting them it seems, I do seem to be getting a lot of regular ol' stuff posted by legitimate organizations labelled as "infected." I'm not sure why that is. See examples in screen shot attached. How can we help to improve this product?

post-127590-1358629853_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello OswaldGlinkmeyer and welcome to the Bitdefender forum!

I've informed the Safego team about this and the detection should be removed soon.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. :)

• Hey again,

The detection has been removed.

Please post back if you need further assistance. :)

Have a lovely week!

• Please post back if you need further assistance. :)

Well, just checked again and lots of seemingly legitimate stuff is being tagged as infected. Is there any way to give specific feedback in the app for what appear to be false positives?

• Well, just checked again and lots of seemingly legitimate stuff is being tagged as infected. Is there any way to give specific feedback in the app for what appear to be false positives?

I think I figured it out. It seems to be labeling all posts using URL shorteners as infected. bit.ly youtu.be ow.ly etc. While I realize those could be used to obfuscate, they are so commonly used these days that marking everything with those URLs as infected defeats the purpose.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

Hi OswaldGlinkmeyer,

Thank you for reporting this.

We need to have the exact text and the short links included in some of those Facebook posts: you can either copy/paste them here or take a few screenshots.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. :)