Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installing Along Comodo Firewall

Options

i think BD plus 2013 Not Compatible With Comodo Firewall ? why !!!

Comments

• bur
    Options

I wanted to install the demo of Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2013 but the installer insisted that I'd uninstall Comodo Firewall. I don't want to remove Comodo because I don't want the Bitdefender Firewall, just the AV soft. In Comodo Defense+ is disabled, Comodo AV is not even installed.

So is there any way to manually choose to install Bitdefender alongside Comodo?

Avira also checks for assumedly incompatible software and warns that Comodo should be uninstalled. Yet it still allows the user to keep Comodo and suprisingly it works flawlessly.

• columbo
    Options

Hi bur, and welcome :)

You probably need to uninstall COMODO, and install the BD AV+, and then only install (only have active) the Firewall component of COMODO. I had even uninstalled the suite part of COMODO after install. (as it sounds like you have).

See if these 2 links help:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=126072

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=170263

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Georgia
    Options

Hi bur, thank you for your feedback!

Does the issue persist? Do you need further assistance?

Please post back and let me know. :)

• coolcool1227
    Options

Commodo Defence +

Comodo's host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), named Defense+, is designed to provide protection against unknown malware. It is designed to restrict the actions of unknown applications, and restrict access to important files, folders, settings and the Windows Registry. Defense+ employs Default Deny Protection, by default refusing any unknown file permission to install or execute except when specifically allowed by the user or when the file appears on Comodo's whitelist.

AVC

Bitdefender Active Virus Control is an innovative proactive detection technology which uses advanced heuristic methods to detect new potential threats in real time.

Active Virus Control continuously monitors the applications running on the computer, looking for malware-like actions. Each of these actions is scored and an overall score is computed for each process. When the overall score for a process reaches a given threshold, the process is considered to be harmful and it is blocked automatically.

I think both Bitdefender's AVC and Commodo's HIPS (Defense +) can't work together and atleast one should be disable so that the other can function properly. While Bitdefender has no HIPS integrated, one can use Commodo HIPS with Bitdefender AVC disabled.

• Sounds like a good work around. I think BD is just identifying COMODO as an antivirus too. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 has some firewall components too, while Comodo Firewall includes some some antivirus features as well: Default Deny Protection, Prevention-based security, Auto Sandbox Technology.

Comodo's Execution Control is interfering with Bitdefender's AVC module. Fortunately, there is a workaround: add all applications to Comodo's execution control exclusions list (it actually has this option).

Let me know if you need further assistance. :)

• columbo
    Options
    Hello,

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 has some firewall components too, while Comodo Firewall includes some some antivirus features as well: Default Deny Protection, Prevention-based security, Auto Sandbox Technology.

Comodo's Execution Control is interfering with Bitdefender's AVC module. Fortunately, there is a workaround: add all applications to Comodo's execution control exclusions list (it actually has this option).

Let me know if you need further assistance. :)

Nice follow up information, thanks, Georgia :)