Did I Make Someone Mad?

rh2ohouse
edited January 2013 in General

I have had an issue installing Total Security 2013. I replied to emails on Jan. 15th attaching the requested information. I checked with support chat on the 16th, 18th and again on the 21st. Each time I was politely told my file had been elevated to tier 2 for their 'colleagues' to work on. It is now Jan. 26th and I have not had a single contact regarding my issue.

I had no issue with Bitdefender 2011, and the 2013 program did install on one of my other computers. (I purchased it for 3 computers)

Is this typical of Bitdefender support? Are there really 'colleagues' working at tier 2?

Comments

• werby3
    edited January 2013
    ...Are there really 'colleagues' working at tier 2?

Hello Rick49

That's a very good question and here's the answer:

There are 3 tiers. Tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3. Tier 1, usually, passes issues to tier 2 and then tier 2 does the same to tier 3.

Now, what if tier 2 believes that it is tier 3 itself? It does not accept issues from tier 1 and does not pass issues to tier 3 because, as it believes, it accepts issues only from tier 2 that actually does not exist.

Of course, there is a question here about the real tier 3. As we all can understand we will never know...

That's the typical of BD support.

Now in serious. After Aug 2012 there is no real support for BD products neither here in forum nor via other channels for unknown reasons and this is unacceptable.

If you want some help, post here your issue with all necessary infos about your OS, BD etc. and perhaps you will be helped by a few nice guys (users), if it's possible.

Regards!

• Hello Rick49

That's a very good question and here's the answer:

There are 3 tiers. Tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3. Tier 1, usually, passes issues to tier 2 and then tier 2 does the same to tier 3.

Now, what if tier 2 believes that it is tier 3 itself? It does not accept issues from tier 1 and does not pass issues to tier 3 because, as it believes, it accepts issues only from tier 2 that actually does not exist.

Of course, there is a question here about the real tier 3. As we all can understand we will never know...

That's the typical of BD support.

Now in serious. After Aug 2012 there is no real support for BD products neither here in forum nor via other channels for unknown reasons and this is unacceptable.

If you want some help, post here your issue with all necessary infos about your OS, BD etc. and perhaps you will be helped by a few nice guys (users), if it's possible.

Regards!

So on the three separate occasions I 'chatted' with the nice guys at BD support chat, their telling me their colleagues at tier 2 were working on it was just BS. Also explains why my recent email to consumer support has not been responded to. Nice company !

Thank you for the info werby3

• So when they advertise 24/7 support for their product they are lying?

This is disappointing, I'm having issues with BD AV Plus 2013 Rescue mode & My issue has apparently been escalated to tier 2 support line as confirmed by phone call , I expect if the product I paid for doesn't work that it is sorted by the company, I have already had to self troubleshoot to fix an issue with compatibility with Windows 8 which they claim the product is compatible with.

Maybe it's time to switch to another vendor? which is a shame as BD is ranked No.1 however most other vendors offer 24/7 as standard.

Daniel

• well i have also had many troubles with BD 2013, 2010 works really fine though