Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Internet After Changing The Firewall Settings

Hi Team,

Purchased Total Security 2013 on Feb 1,2013, installed without any problems.

Could you please tell me how can I fix my settings so that I can access internet through my wifi.

Here is the scenario :

Wifi connections are being detected, Adapter rules have been changed to allow the available zones, applications rules added the required browser with any n/w any protocol action allow. But still no access to internet, if I turn off my fiewall 'm able to access wifi net otherwise no internet. Not able to update and stuck do not know what to do?

Please help me on how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Anurag

Comments

• Hi Anurag, and welcome :)

It sounds like you tried the Pinned topics on this sub forum, including this one? http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

Otherwise, try going into Settings/Firewall and enable Paranoid mode. Restart your PC, and try getting your internet connection. Hopefully you will get some firewall permission pop ups, that will then set the permissions to allow.

Keep us in touch :)

Columbo

• Hi Columbo,

I've tried both the methods mentioned in the reply. But its still same issue.

Please find below the attached screenshots of the configuration in my PC using bitdefender total security 2013.

Regards,

Anurag

Hi Anurag, and welcome :)

It sounds like you tried the Pinned topics on this sub forum, including this one? http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

Otherwise, try going into Settings/Firewall and enable Paranoid mode. Restart your PC, and try getting your internet connection. Hopefully you will get some firewall permission pop ups, that will then set the permissions to allow.

Keep us in touch :)

Columbo

post-129066-1359783840_thumb.png

post-129066-1359783854_thumb.png

post-129066-1359783870_thumb.png

post-129066-1359783884_thumb.png

post-129066-1359783897_thumb.png

• werby3
    edited February 2013

Hello xdantex

You may try this: Go to "Open Network and Sharing Center", click on "Change Adapter Settings", enable Wi-Fi connection, right click on Wi-Fi "Properties" and by double click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" specify IP addresses like bellow attached image.

Regards

post-24433-1359794198_thumb.jpg

• werby3
    edited February 2013

...Sorry, I didn't notice (in your 1st post) that w/o Firewall enabled, Internet is OK.

First, Windows Firewall must be turned OFF.

If you have/had another AV/Firewall product installed, you have to find its uninstall tool and after uninstalling BD use this tool, then CCleaner on Registry mode to clean registry and finally install BD again.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi xdantex,

Please let me know if you managed to solve the issue you first submitted. Do you need further assistance?

Thank you! :)