Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Adds Everything Automatically As Allowed

I noticed, that the Bitdefender 2013 firewall adds every program automatically to its application rules allowed list. Why is that the case and how do I change this? I think it's a very risky behavior, because every virus or trojan or other program would be added automatically to the allowed list, without me knowing anything about it. In other words, the firewall is completely useless that way. Why isn't there an option, so that Bitdefender would always ask me, if I want to add an application requesting internet access? I am in user mode btw, not in auto pilot, and have everything on default settings. Also I cant "just check" the allowed list here and there, because it's so full of things, I can't decide which one is needed and others not, or if there are maybe yet dangerous things added on that list.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello knuddelz,

Try going into Settings > Firewall > Advanced and enable Paranoid mode.

Having Paranoid mode on, you are receiving lots of notifications from the Firewall module and you will be able to manually allow or deny the connection of each application.

Please post back if you need further assistance. :)