Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Install Bitdefender

Options
Spankdolla
edited February 2013 in Installation

After reading all of the links and trying them out, I am stilll having a hard time installing Bitdefender after paying for it. It keeps giving me the error message that I need to manually uninstall Kaspersky. Would it be necessary if I have to reinstall Windows 7?

Comments

• werby3
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ...manually uninstall Kaspersky. Would it be necessary if I have to reinstall Windows 7?
    Hi,

If you're going to format your drive(partition), there is no reason to uninstall anything.

Otherwise you must uninstall any previous AV product as above ONT post mentions.

Regards

• coolcool1227
    Options

Or If you want to do manually without using any tool, then extract Bitdefender offline setup by right clicking on that. You may need some compression software for that. Locate folder named "extern", open it and locate the file "Kaspserky.xml", open it and search the registry keys listed in that file in the regedit, and delete it. You may have to do this in Safe Mode.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Spankolla and welcome to the Bitdefender forum! :)

You don't have to reinstall your operating system in order to remove another security solution. Just run the corresponding uninstall tool for it or try to remove it from Control Panel. If the error message persists afterwards, then refer to ONT's indications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Thank you!