Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reboot After Update?

Options

Why is that my Antivirus Plus 2013 prompt me to reboot after update several times a day?

post-126687-1362078468_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I am having the same problem. The problem disappeared for days then reappeared.

• Why is that my Antivirus Plus 2013 prompt me to reboot after update several times a day?

Having the same problem. I get a notification daily that the update requires a reboot to complete. Seems to always occur about 20 minutes after a successful update.

post-139737-1365256786_thumb.jpg

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello and welcome to our forum!

To further investigate the cause of this issue, please post here a support tool log by following these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice weekend!

• indie
    Options
    Having the same problem. I get a notification daily that the update requires a reboot to complete. Seems to always occur about 20 minutes after a successful update.

post-139737-1365256786_thumb.jpg

It would be nice if somebody from BitDefender could tell us about any updates that require reboot.

Also, on Windows 8 you need to be logged-in as administrator in order to remove those "red warnings"; otherwise, they will stay forever.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Only the product updates require reboot to complete.

Otherwise, if you keep getting prompted to reboot many times each day it means that Bitdefender could not replace some of the update files. In such case we need a support tool log to see why it's happening and how we may help you solving the issue.