Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Permit To Access

My OS is windows8 . With the online account. after I download files from safebox, I can not access files, any solutions ? thx

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi lech.gif,

You are unable access the files downloaded on the PC or the ones from Safebox? Do you receive any error message, what exactly happens?

Please post a screen shot displaying the issue.

• Hi lech.gif,

You are unable access the files downloaded on the PC or the ones from Safebox? Do you receive any error message, what exactly happens?

Please post a screen shot displaying the issue.

Because my OS language is Chinese, i don't know if you can understand the screen shot:D

Here is more details about my situation. I downloaded the files from the server to my PC(using bitdefender safebox sync). but the file's default owner is the administrator(not my logon user). So I have no right to read the file. I must modify the file owner to read it. Is there any way to change the default downloaded file's owner , so I can read the file directly ,thx

• Because my OS language is Chinese, i don't know if you can understand the screen shot:D

Here is more details about my situation. I downloaded the files from the server to my PC(using bitdefender safebox sync). but the file's default owner is the administrator(not my logon user). So I have no right to read the file. I must modify the file owner to read it. Is there any way to change the default downloaded file's owner , so I can read the file directly ,thx

Maybe I can clarify what he is asking as I am having the same problem.

Let's say I have 2 computers. On Computer 1 I have synced some files to the Safebox Folder so that it can be synced on all of my devices. If I go to Computer 2, I can see the files in the Safebox folder, but is I click to open them I get an "Access Denied" due to having incorrect privileges for the files.

This has been occurring after installing the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security.

• Maybe I can clarify what he is asking as I am having the same problem.

Let's say I have 2 computers. On Computer 1 I have synced some files to the Safebox Folder so that it can be synced on all of my devices. If I go to Computer 2, I can see the files in the Safebox folder, but is I click to open them I get an "Access Denied" due to having incorrect privileges for the files.

This has been occurring after installing the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security.

I figured it out - it seems that some permissions are incorrect on some Windows 8 systems depending on the account type. It is pretty easy to change permissions on the folders where you are having the issues:

1) Go to the folder that contains the files in which you can't access.

2) Right click on the folder and select Properties.

3) Click Security then click Advanced then click Add.

4) Click "Select a Principal"

5) Type "Everyone" then click Check Names then click OK.

6) Under Basic Permissions, click Full Control then click OK.

7) Click Apply.

You should now be able to open up the files that previously gave the Access Denied error.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

@cohbraz: Thank your for posting back with your results.

@lech.gif: Let us know if the solution provided by cohbraz helped.