Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pxe Booting Bitdefender Rescue Cd 18-jan-2012 20:00 380m Stops Once Background Image Is Loaded

Options
whitevandal
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Hi folks,

I'm pxe booting BitDefender Rescue CD (ISO is dated 18-Jan-2012 20:00 380M ) through FOG. Once I initiate the network boot and select the BitDefender CD, I get a brief loading screen ending in initrd.gz.....ready, then another screen of text flashes for less than a second, (uploaded a screenshot of it) then I get the fire/water snake background image and nothing else. It stops there. No cursor or mouse pointer. I can't do anything except reboot.

I followed this guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/64259/how-to-netw...-rescue-cd-pxe/, except my default tftpboot location is different on Debian, so I had to change all paths appropriately. Using a similar guide, I am able to boot into an Ubuntu LIVE CD no problem.

Does this point to any known issue? Is there any other information I can provide for troubleshooting? I've gone back through all my config files and can't find anything that looks off. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks for your time!

post-133651-1362697767_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Still no luck. I've been pouring through any any config files I can and nothing looks to me like it could be the cause.

Does anyone know where I can get a different version of the Rescue CD besides the current one? I'd like to try the last two or three versions and see if I get any different result.

Still open to any other input, too!

• alreadytaken
    edited June 2013
    Options
    snake background image and nothing else. It stops there.

Yes, permanent static snake. But did you observe CDD and HDD activity LEDs?

Mine were wildly active, for a long time. I pulled the plug.

I still am worried that it was malicious.

(6/16/13 was date of my download and use of it

Method was local CD.)