Activation Question...

Hello,

Been pondering switching AV software but I still have 2 months left on my current protection, so my question is...

If I bought today so I could get the current price, would that essentially start my 1 year protection as well or can I wait for 2 more months until my old AV protection subscription runs out and then install BD and have my full 12 months of protection. I guess I'm just wondering at what point my protection starts, once I buy or once I install.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Arrhythmia and welcome to the Bitdefender forum! :)

The validation period starts the countdown at the activation of the license key on your computer. Therefore, you can buy the product and activate it later, keeping the full time validity until that date.

Let me know if you have other questions.

• Hello Arrhythmia and welcome to the Bitdefender forum! :)

The validation period starts the countdown at the activation of the license key on your computer. Therefore, you can buy the product and activate it later, keeping the full time validity until that date.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you Sir, that's what I suspected but just wanted to make sure! :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

You're welcome, Arrhythmia.

If you have other questions or concerns please feel free to post back.

Have a lovely day! :)

• stagedoor
    edited May 2013

On a related note I received and purchased a discounted renewal offer to continue my current BDTS 2013 for another 12 months. If I add the activation code now will it add 12 months to my remaining 80 days of protection, or should I wait until the end of my current subscription before entering the new activation code? It does not state on the confirmation, but is there a time limit on registering after purchase? BD have already sent an email noting that the product has not been downloaded.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Hello stagedoor,

You have 2 options:

1- either wait until the current Bitdefender subscription ends and then register the new key in the product

or

2- enter the new key now (click the link '... days left' located on the Bitdefender product) to merge the validity days. The remaining days of your current subscription should be automatically added to the new one. You don't lose any validity days.

Keep in mind that there isn't a limit date to register your newly purchased Bitdefender license key.

Please feel free to post back if you need further help with the registration process, I'm here to help.

• JulianBlau
    edited March 2014

I have another variation to this topic.

I currently have Bitdefender Plus 2014, and recently purchased Total Security for future activation once my current subscription runs out.

Now, can i merge Plus and Total Security now? Would that workout?

Kind regards, Julian Blau

• HI Julian Blau, and welcome,

Good follow up question :) Since BD AV+ and Total Security are different from each other product and feature wise, you would not be able to merge those product keys. To merge keys, they would have to be of like kind products, AV+ with AV+, IS with IS and Total Security with Total Security.

So you'll need to wait for your AV+ subscription to run out, then uninstall it (I always like following up with the Uninstall Tool, just to be sure) then install your Total Security.

:)

Scott

• My question is like most of those here, but just checking to be sure:

I have a 3 computer Bitdefender plan, with about 100 days left.  If I take an offer to upgrade now to an unlimited plan for multiple computers (Family Pack) will the new year's subscription be added to my present one?  Or should (and can I) wait until the other is expired to activate it?  Thanks for any help!  Punsak