Tons Of Firewall Log Errors Failed. Error: 57. Error C0000225.

New to forums & BD, This is a 2 month old W7 64bit install which had Bitdefender internet security 2013 installed immediately afterwards. I have had NO other virus scanners (malewarebytes etc) on this install of W7. I've noticed in my bdfirewall.txt that there are tons of error's. Error: BdprIoSendToLocal failed with error code c0000225 is already known by others but I have yet to see a fix or reason it does this. My other errors which I cannot find any info on what so ever is a error: 57.

Examples:

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe failed. Error: 57

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\System32\lodctr.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lodctr.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\System32\wbem\mofcomp.exe failed. Error: 57.

These are just some of the errors posted in the bdfirewall.txt I have even more with a lot of multiple logs of the errors. If someone can shed some light on these errors It would be much appreciated. Also I found the "sandbox" feature for the first time today, when I click it a black box opens up for about 2 secs and closes, nothing else happens. Is something wrong with that?

post-135699-1363396748_thumb.png

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    New to forums & BD, This is a 2 month old W7 64bit install which had Bitdefender internet security 2013 installed immediately afterwards. I have had NO other virus scanners (malewarebytes etc) on this install of W7. I've noticed in my bdfirewall.txt that there are tons of error's. Error: BdprIoSendToLocal failed with error code c0000225 is already known by others but I have yet to see a fix or reason it does this. My other errors which I cannot find any info on what so ever is a error: 57.

Examples:

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe failed. Error: 57

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\System32\lodctr.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lodctr.exe failed. Error: 57.

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 C:\Windows\System32\wbem\mofcomp.exe failed. Error: 57.

These are just some of the errors posted in the bdfirewall.txt I have even more with a lot of multiple logs of the errors. If someone can shed some light on these errors It would be much appreciated. Also I found the "sandbox" feature for the first time today, when I click it a black box opens up for about 2 secs and closes, nothing else happens. Is something wrong with that?

Hi...I had a ticket open with support about all the firewall error messages I was receiving and after two or three months of trying different things with little or no change in the amount of errors, here is the last response from BD.

'Those are internal error messages that do not necessarily mean that the

Bitdefender Firewall is not working properly. In some cases, the messages are

normal as the Firewall cannot attach to a network adapter that doesn't exist

on that computer. But it will log the result anyway, for testing purposes.

As long as the Bitdefender Firewall monitors and filters the incoming and

outgoing traffic on your computer, then everything is ok.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Tudor Florescu

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

• Thank you for the info ozzibear, Bitdefender looks to be running ok so i'll just ignore them for now and see how it goes.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

Hello Stagnant,

Please make sure to set the Bitdefender firewall like in this example: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

For more information please read: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=171802

I will open a ticket in the system regarding the sandbox issue, as we will need to enable the sandbox logging - Ticket ID: 201303191014824