Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Laptop Not Working After Installation

Options

Just purchased today the Bitdefender Total Security 2013, downloaded and completed the installation without problems up to this point. But a couple of minutes after the installation was completed, my screen become unreadble, and no further control from keyboard or mouse.

Already removed & re installed this product, but the prblem persists.

Currently my laptop is stopped, not possible to use it. Could you please advise what can be done to fix.

Thanks, L S

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Luke, and welcome :)

Could you help us a bit further please in what OS you are using. Please also confirm that your PC meets the system requirements for Total Security: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html It is listed 1/2 down the web page.

Hopefully this information can help steer us to a solution.

post-4566-1363732669_thumb.png

Kind regards,

Scott

• Thanks Scott, the laptop exceeds the minimum and even some recommended system requirements. The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium.

When booting, I have just a couple of minutes between the momment it starts showing the windows workspace untill it completes the boot, then it crashes. I can try to remove the product again, if you need further details on the system or which OS (I think it's 64 b but not sure).

Thanks L S

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi Luke

To find if you're running 32 or 64-bit Vista, go to Start/right click Computer/Properties, or Control Panel/System and Security/System:

32or64bit.png

Did you previously have another AV solution on your PC? What vendor was it, and did you use their uninstall tool and look for and delete leftover files and Registry keys?

Also, do you have any other type of security running in the background, like SuperAntiSpyware, Winpatrol, Spybot Search and Destroy etc?

Thank you for your follow up information.

Scott

• columbo
    Options

By the way, if you did or didn't look for and delete any previous files or Registry keys, don't be to concerned about that for now, as I was just getting information as far as what you may, or may not have done, and your comfort level ^_^

• Hi Scott,

The previous AV was Norton 360, which was removed before installing the Bitdefender.

Now I re started Windows in safe mode, and found still there a component of Norton, which then removed.

Then restarted windows in full mode, removed & re installed Bitdefender.

Since more than 30 minutes the system seems stable now, no further crashes, so hopefully it's fixed.

Thanks a Lot, it's great to see this overcome!

Have a nice day,

L S

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :) Good job on your part, Luke, in checking it out further in Safe mode. Hopefully that continues to resolve this situation, as Bitdefender can be pretty temperamental concerning leftovers from previous AVs

If you need anything else, let us know.

Take care :)

Scott