Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bug? Memory Fragmentation

Options

Since acquiring BD Total Security 2008 there have been occasional times when not enough contiguous memory has existed to keep open my usual number of 4-5 applications. To support this I have onboard 3G of memory dedicated to my single operating system environment: Media Center Ed 2005 of MSoft XP. I've had this setup for almost 2 years, and have not encountered problems until a few weeks ago when I began using BD.

The problem does not occur often. When it does, I have another product I can run in real-time. It cleans up the garbage in a matter of a second or so, and then I can restart the application that failed for lack of memory. Most often (but not exclusively) this occurs when I try to start one of my frequently used MS Office 2003 products: Word, Excel, or Outlook.

I don't know anything about BD's internal structure, but if it brings up independent modules to the nearest available memory address as users peruse and sometimes adjust various settings, like White or Black list content, that might explain what's happening. The point is, is there someone with such knowledge that can say whether BD could be occupying non-contiguous sections of memory when the user has been logged in over an extended time?

Other than BD, I'm not regularly using new applications.

Comments

• Hi

How is your setting for virtual Ram ? On HDD

Can you make an sreenprint of Taskmanger . with setting

name

CPU

Ram

max Ram last

virtual Ram

This print save please in .png and post

so we can take a look

loony