How To Enter Ip Address Range

How does one enter an IP address range for firewall rules? I tried the forms x.x.x.x-y and x.x.x.x:y and others. Some formats return an error and some appear to be accepted, but when looking at the rule the range is not shown in any rule. Only individual IP address rules show up.

Thanks,

Comments

• To allow or block IP Address range, try the following format

IP/Range

e.g 192.168.1.1/24

• To allow or block IP Address range, try the following format

IP/Range

e.g 192.168.1.1/24

Thanks for the try, but that results in an "invalid zone. Please enter a valid range or IP address."

• That's odd. Make sure that there are no spaces. Perhaps there's a space before "/"? smile2.png

• OK, played a bit and there was already a single IP address "zone" in the range I wanted to cover. Instead of an error or warning of an overlap, BD replies with what I consider a misleading error that misses the real problem. They have some scope to improve that.

Thanks for your help :)

• pdtbaum
    edited April 2013

Actually it is not that simple - after "cleaning up" the zones it does seem somewhat unpredictable (to me at least) what it does and does not accept.

It was happy for 192.168.1.1/3, but not 192.168.1.5/253 for example. Que sera sera...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    How does one enter an IP address range for firewall rules? I tried the forms x.x.x.x-y and x.x.x.x:y and others. Some formats return an error and some appear to be accepted, but when looking at the rule the range is not shown in any rule. Only individual IP address rules show up.

Thanks,

Hello,

Blocking an IP range depends a lot on the subnet. It will be blocked as range/24 or range/16. For more information on how to calculate subnets please read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subnetwork

Please don't hesitate to post back in case you have further questions. Thank you, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

• Hello,

Blocking an IP range depends a lot on the subnet. It will be blocked as range/24 or range/16. For more information on how to calculate subnets please read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subnetwork

Please don't hesitate to post back in case you have further questions. Thank you, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

I am trying to do something similar, but I would like to block a particular application from accessing port 1395 for all ip addresses. I can select the application, but I can not enter a port number with the "Any" box checked for remote address. I tried various www:xxx:yyy:zzz/n values, but only www:xxx:yyy:zzz stays in the IP box and it does not seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

• example : I want to block ip range 72.165.0.0 to 72.165.255.255

cidr format accepted by bd firewall in this case is 72.165.0.0/16

Anyone who wants a fast calculating tool u can find it here

hope this will help :)