Bitdefender Virus Shield ( From Bitdefender Windows 8 Security) Consuming The Cpu From 8.5% To 9.7%.

I've heard some oscillating noise (moving between louder and quieter) coming from my Windows 8 computer, and checked my task manager. It was BitDefender Virus Shield ( from BitDefender Windows 8 Security) consuming the CPU from 8.5% to 9.7%.

I was not updating BitDefender or scanning anything.

I'll try to restart my computer.

post-125519-1365782170_thumb.png

Comments

• I've restarted my computer but the noise swinging from louder (CPU 10%) to quieter (CPU 8.1%) continues. Something is happening to BitDefender AV.

post-125519-1365783990_thumb.png

• indie
    edited April 2013
    I've restarted my computer but the noise swinging from louder (CPU 10%) to quieter (CPU 8.1%) continues. Something is happening to BitDefender AV.

I've checked my BD Firewall Network Activity. It shows that peaks of net.activity corresponds with the louder/quieter noise of my computer. My Network Activity picture is posted above. I could not edit my previous posting. Don't ask me why.

• indie
    edited April 2013
    I've checked my BD Firewall Network Activity. It shows that peaks of net.activity correspond with the louder/quieter noise of my computer. My Network Activity picture is posted above. I could not edit my previous posting. Don't ask me why.

Here is my CPU performance log. I'm really going to shut BD down.

post-125519-1365784681_thumb.png

• indie
    edited April 2013
    Here is my CPU performance log. I'm really going to shut BD down.

post-125519-1365784681_thumb.png

I followed Christian's advice and disabled On access Scanning.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31526

No more annoying noise. At least temporarily.

• vsserv.exe is still going stronger. Simply unstoppable.

Something is really messed up.

Could BD technical team help me with the issue?

post-125519-1366044837_thumb.png

post-125519-1366044578_thumb.png

• The problem was resolved.

It's not BitDefender's fault.

I've noticed that my CPU, Disk, Ethernet, and Firewall peaks are almost identical.

If I turn BitDefender off, the other diagrams - Disk, Ethernet, and Firewall - remains the same.

It meant that BD was simple reacting to some Ethernet/Internet activity. I had only two programs accessing the Internet - Firefox and BOX, from www.box.com , where I store my files in the cloud. I turned off Firefox, but nothing changed.

I turned off BOX software, and everything went quiet.

My issue was the BOX program going nuts, not BitDefender AV.

P.S. I like Bitdefender Antivirus.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi indie,

Thank you for taking the time to post back with the final result.

Feel free to start a new topic if you have other questions, we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.