Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus And Autopilot Problems

Options

I have recently purchased bitdefender total security 2013 but it seems to have problems.

Antivirus keeps shutting off and same for autopilot.

Bitdfender suddenly says i have many problems to fix.

I tried reinstalling and also downloading again the install file and even the repair function with no success to understanding this.

Please help!

thank you!

Comments

• Sorry to see this buddy, what version number is this if I may ask. OS specifications? smile2.png

• Nesivos
    Options
    I have recently purchased bitdefender total security 2013 but it seems to have problems.

Antivirus keeps shutting off and same for autopilot.

Bitdfender suddenly says i have many problems to fix.

I tried reinstalling and also downloading again the install file and even the repair function with no success to understanding this.

Please help!

thank you!

It sounds like you may have had another AV program on your computer before installing BD TS 2013. If it was something other than W8 DB you need to make sure to use the AV app mfg special uninstall program to completely remove the product before installing any other AV program. Using the Windows uninstall apps, another uninstaller or even the AV program's basic unstaller is most often not sufficient to prevent future problems with a new AV program.

You might also have another real-time security program running like MBAM Pro which can also cause problems with BD AV products.

You can find the special unintaller for AV programs by searching for them on the Net. I would suggest you consider finding the applicable AV app unstaller if it applies to your situation and running it. Then reinstall BD TS 2013.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

If you have previoulsy installed Antivirus and now trying to install Bitdefender, kindly read this post

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

Also disable Windows defender from Control Panel and its Services from Windows Services.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello wjk2a1,

If the issue persists after following the above recommendations please don't hesitate to post back and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you!

• wjk2a1
    Options

Thank you for the all the replies.

I actually recently formatted my computer so there isn't any other antivirus program.

Windows security center is disabled and the computer recognizes Bitdefender as the default antivirus program.

Sometimes when it happens i open bitdefender and the update is running but keeps showing 0 out of X KB downloaded (x being the number) and i never see it actually downloading. Later it just says:

Last time updated: today

i couldnt find anywhere the version.

thank you