Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Adding Rules On Paranoid Mode

1)I notice lately the firewall is adding few rules by itself even thought i have manage adapter's on Public network, stealth on and generic off... I want to be asked for every application and this was not happening some months ago.

2) what is actually "generic" in your pdf manua says: "If the IP address of a network adapter is changed, Bitdefender modifies the network type accordingly."

Still cant understant what it does.

Comments

• Since no one form the support team has answered me i ll add a third question:

3)Di Instant Messaging Protection and Instant Messaging Encryption in privacy FULLY work for the new Skype and other open source instant messengers like pidgin?

• Wow weeks since i asked these basic questions... not even a support staff member can answer it...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I will try to respond to each question:

1) To manually choose which application is allowed to connect to the internet please turn on Paranoid Mode (under Settings > Firewall > Advanced )

2) Generic YES: it will remember the connection settings even if you disconnect from the network and the reconnect to it. It will also help remember the settings if you have a dynamic IP.

3) It works only if you and your chat partner use Yahoo! Messenger. Also, Bitdefender will not encrypt a conversation if one of the chat partners uses a web-based chat application such as Meebo.

Please let me know if you have other questions, thank you!