Bitdefender Is Blocking Bluestack

Hi,

I have

Windows 7

Bitdefeender 16.29.0.1830

Excluded files and folders c:\users\desktop\bluestacks-thininstaller_0.7.11.885.exe

Excluded processes c:\users\desktop\bluestacks-thininstaller_0.7.11.885.exe

Application rules c:\users\desktop\bluestacks-thininstaller_0.7.11.885.exe

Comments

• I have followed advice of Bitdefender and installed the LATEST Bitdefender on my brand new notebook. However it is still incompatible with Bluestacks which is an Android Emulator for Windows 8. Bitdefender is it possible to please make your software compatible with Bluestacks?

• I am on the latest version 17.18.0.808 and I am still have issues with trying to install bluestacks !! not happy customer at the moment. Will be changing if this doesn't get sorted soon ....

• Hello,

I wish to confirm that Bluestacks is not currently blocked in any way by Bitdefender, therefore the encountered issue is from their end.

Also, I confirm that we have already tried contacting them in this matter without receiving any reply ourselves.

For the encountered situation, we recommend you to contact the Bluestacks software vendor.

In the meantime, if you are still striving to install Bluestacks, you can achieve that if you remove Bitdefender temporarily. Simply reinstall Bitdefender when you're done and both programs will work smoothly afterwards.

Thank you for your understanding, have a nice week ahead!

• melorib
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

I wish to confirm that Bluestacks is not currently blocked in any way by Bitdefender, therefore the encountered issue is from their end.

Also, I confirm that we have already tried contacting them in this matter without receiving any reply ourselves.

For the encountered situation, we recommend you to contact the Bluestacks software vendor.

In the meantime, if you are still striving to install Bluestacks, you can achieve that if you remove Bitdefender temporarily. Simply reinstall Bitdefender when you're done and both programs will work smoothly afterwards.

Thank you for your understanding, have a nice week ahead!

Hi Georgia,

I did that twice already, but as soon as I re'install Bitdefender Bluestacks stops working...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to the Bitdefender forums!

Please upgrade to Bitdefender 2015, then check if the issue persists. The upgrade is absolutely free of charge and due to the many improvements brought to this lineup any issues you may have encountered with your current product should be solved.

In order to upgrade to the new version please follow the steps below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...-2015-1314.html

From now on, post in this area of the forum in case you encounter further issues after the upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=411

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.