Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Computer

Options

I will be getting another new computer in a few days with Windows 8. My Bitdefender 2012 Total Security license entitles me to install it on two more computers. Should I install BD Total Security 2012 from the disc I have, and then do the upgrade to 2013, which removes 2012 and then installs 2013, if I remember correct, or is there an easier way. I hope that I STOP getting those messages like many others are, about Windows Security Center saying that the Firewall, and Internet Security are turned off. And then I have to reset the registry. Mike

Comments

• werby3
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hello MJW,

You should be very careful, uninstalling (first of all) pre-installed AV solution using the proper tool and then CCleaner or Auslogics Registry Cleaner to clean the Registry.

...Should I install BD Total Security 2012 from the disc I have, and then do the upgrade to 2013...
    No, normally, you can directly install BDTS 2013.

... I hope that I STOP getting those messages like many others are, about Windows Security Center...
    Yeah...if you are lucky enough... :)

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I will be getting another new computer in a few days with Windows 8. My Bitdefender 2012 Total Security license entitles me to install it on two more computers. Should I install BD Total Security 2012 from the disc I have, and then do the upgrade to 2013, which removes 2012 and then installs 2013, if I remember correct, or is there an easier way. I hope that I STOP getting those messages like many others are, about Windows Security Center saying that the Firewall, and Internet Security are turned off. And then I have to reset the registry. Mike

Hello Mike and welcome!

Simply install Bitdefender Total Security 2013 directly on the new Windows 8 computer and use the same license key to register.

To make sure everything runs smoothly make sure the PC does not come with any other pre-installed antivirus software. In such case, remove it prior to the Bitdefender installation.

I would also recommend installing Bitdefender Total Security 2013 with the full kit available here:

-32bit version:

http://goo.gl/7XLZN

-64bit version:

http://goo.gl/ebGKI

[How to check if your Windows 8 is a 32bit or 64bit]

Move your mouse to the bottom left corner > right click on the small Start window that appears and choose System. Check Windows Edition and System specifications you and you will see if your system is either 32bit or 64bit

Please don't hesitate to post back if you need more help. Thank you!

• Good luck on your new computer Werby, just make sure to follow all the steps including the cleanup of registry. smile2.png