Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"running Virus Scan"

Options

When starting Microsoft WORD or EXCEL, I get "Running virus scan" in the status bar. It takes minutes (as long as 5) to actually open the document. How can I correct this?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Reg,

Perform a repair installion by using your office cd-rom. What was your previous antivirus? I recommend that you check this topic and perform the steps. Does this always happen? If that still fails try first a repair installation of BitDefender first right click on the BitDefender icon near the system clock press on exit. Now put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the installer package and perform a repair installation. If that still fails I recommend that you exit BitDefender and remove BitDefender by using this tool.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear Reg,

Perform a repair installion by using your office cd-rom. What was your previous antivirus? I recommend that you check this topic and perform the steps. Does this always happen? If that still fails try first a repair installation of BitDefender first right click on the BitDefender icon near the system clock press on exit. Now put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the installer package and perform a repair installation. If that still fails I recommend that you exit BitDefender and remove BitDefender by using this tool.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks Niels

Downloaded all removal software (Norton, McAfee and Kapersky). It seems that Norton was the only one that removed anything. Anyway that fixed the problem.

Funny thing is that this problem did not present itself until I upgraded Microsoft Office to Office 2007.

Thanks again..

Reg

• Niels
    Options

Dear Reg,

Sorry that I wasn't that clear. I only wanted that you download the specific uninstall tool for your previous antivirus tool not that you needed to donwnload all of these tools. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe a imcomptability issue with office 2007? But that I can't say for sure.

Good to hear that your problem is solved. You are welcome.

Best regards

Niels