Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security Issue

Options
sherif011
edited June 2013 in General

Hi everyone,

I have bitdefender windows 8 security installed on windows 8 pro x32,

but recently it caused windows startup to hang at the start screen that i have to force shut down.

I remember I had this problem before, but now it occurs every time I start computer.

When I started in SafeMode and disabled all bitdefender services, everything resolved,

THANX

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hi everyone,

but recently it caused windows startup to hang at the start screen that i have to force shut down.

I remember I had this problem before, but now it occurs every time I start computer.

When I started in SafeMode and disabled all bitdefender services, everything resolved,

THANX

Since you said you are trying to run BD W8 security on an x32 computer it occured to me that your system may not meet the miniumum or recommended system requirements to run it.

Here are minimum system requirements for W8 Note that the recommends processor speed is a lot higher for BD W8 Security than for W8. Depending on how many programs you are attempting to load at startup there could be a signficant delay in starting Windows. When you boot into SafeMode a lot of "Services" are diabled reducing the required amount of RAM as well as processor power needed for a normal as opposed to a slow load of Windows.

Windows 8 system requirements

If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

This mentions BD 2013

You may install Bitdefender 2013 only on computers running the following operating systems:

Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

Windows 8

Before installation, make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements:

Minimum system requirements

1.8 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

800 MHz processor

1 GB of memory (RAM)

Recommended system requirements

2.8 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor

Memory (RAM):

1 GB for Windows XP

1.5 GB for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8

This specifically mentions BD W8 Security

The program has the following minimum system requirements:

Windows 8 operating system

1.8 GB of free hard drive space

800 Mhz processor

2 GB of RAM

If your system falls somewhere near 800 Mhz processor and 1 GB RAM which is enough to run W8 that could be the problem especially if you are loading a bunch of programs at Windows Startup. From the links I would think you would want your computer to have a processor running at at least 1.66GHz and at least 2GM RAM to run BD W8 Security on W8

• System requirements are met for me, but I don't have DirectX installed may be that's the reason for this problem I'll give it a try

Thanx

• antikythera
    Options

core directx components are included in W8. that won't make any difference. more than likely it is a conflict with A N Other program. you could try adding the other W8 startup entry programs to the excluded processes list in bitdefender.

• Pushkar112
    Options
    Hi everyone,

THANX

Why dont you use hybrid shutdown feature of windows 8?