Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help To Compare Versions

Options

I was just wondering if anyone can offer any help with what the differences are between:

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security vs Bitdefender Total Security 2013

It is for use on a windows 8 pc but I just want to know if one is better than the other or has more features etc...

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone can offer any help with what the differences are between:

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security vs Bitdefender Total Security 2013

It is for use on a windows 8 pc but I just want to know if one is better than the other or has more features etc...

Hi...Its a good question and its been asked before. Bitdefenders official response was 'if you are running Windows 8 you should use BDW8'. They claim that it is specifically crafted for W8 although they didn't elaborate. Apart from the ELAM technology incorporated into BDW8, I can see no difference. In fact, the Total Security suite includes features not found in the BDW8 product such as the widget and the upcoming wallet. Personally, I like those two features. I'm not sure why a separate product was needed for W8. I ran the trial version of BDW8 but went back to Total Security if for no other reason than I found BDW8 to be just plain boring. I have never been a fan of Metro style interfaces. Total Security runs just fine in Windows 8 so until someone can convince me that this new ELAM technology is a must have, I'll just stick with the status quo. You can find BD official comparison of the two products on their website. Right click the task bar icon, choose about and access from there. It would be nice if we could get an in depth explanation from the company but since BD tech support seems to have vanished again that may or may not happen. Just my two cents worth.