Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Have Decided Not To Purchase Bitdefender Because...

Options

I have trialled Bitdefender several times since last year and I was impressed with the software.

I frequently read tests on various computer magazines, and online (like AV-Test, AV Comparatives, etc) and Bitdefender is always at or near the top.

Now on the Bitdefender website there is very heavy discounted 2013 products being offered.

GREAT...now is the right time to forget about my last month of Norton subscription and get Bitdefender Total Security!

Until I read these forums!!!

I will not buy a product that has treated customers badly like I have read...especially with the auto-renewal issues. I have looked at the section where you pay for the product, and it mentions about auto-renewal as follows:

"To disable Continuous Protection renewal at any time, you can contact our Customer Care, or get more information click here".

When you click on "here", it opens another line saying: "Store my billing information and automatically renew my subscription" along with a box that is already ticked.

In my opinion, to avoid all these bad customer experiences, etc it could be changed to something like this:

"When your subscription expires, it will not auto-renew. To enable Continuous Protection renewal at any time, you can contact our Customer Care, or get more information click here". Then it can allow customers to "tick the box" (opt-in to auto-renewal).

As I know now how to make sure it isn't set to auto-renew, I still can't purchase the product because of the bad customer experience on these forums. Some customers have said they have made many calls to Bitdefender, and still get asked to wait 24-48 hours for someone else to do "something". Well, this is not for me.

Thank you Bitdefender for having these forums. I will continue in the meantime with Norton. At least their customer service is much better.

Maybe in a year's time I will come back here and see it has all changed for the better and most customers are happy!!

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.