Lineage 2 (gameguard)

Good evening!

Since I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013, I'm constantly getting issues with GameGuard.

Firstly, I wasn't being able to log into the game, so I had to add some exceptions to the firewall. These are the exceptions I made:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Lineage II\system\l2.bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Lineage II\system\GameGuard\GameGuard.des

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Lineage II\system\GameGuard\GameMon.des

After that, I rebooted my computer and then was able to log in the game without any problems with gameguard.

The problem is that now, after a minute of gaming, I keep getting kicked. It's another GameGuard issue:

image.jpg

I tried disabling antivirus and firewall, nothing seems to work. Also noticed many people has the same problem with Bitdefender.

Assuming it's a Bitdefender issue, can you guys fix it?

Comments

• Looks like I made it work!

image.jpg

Added exceptions for all these. No problems until now.

• Hi andreluisos :)

It looks like you needed to use the "shotgun" approach, and include more that what was suggested. Below image taken from this website:

http://lineage2.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...393/~/gameguard

post-4566-1371517633_thumb.jpg

If you still have an issue, you could make sure Automatic Game Mode is off, enable Paranoid Mode for awhile, and see if you get a pop up to allow an outbound connection. Then re-enable Automatic Game Mode.

Nice work on your part :)

Scott

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

@ andreluisos

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201307111008081 . Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to further investigate this issue.

Kind regards,

G.C.