Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installing Bitdefender From Cd

Options
Keith Weisshar
edited February 2008 in General talk

I purchased a retail box of BitDefender Antivirus 2008 2-Year/3-PC from newegg.com after evaluationg the trial version. When I try to install the retail CD I got an error message a newer version of BitDefender has been detected and must be removed before continuing this installation and the install ended prematurely with no changes made to the system. Why won't the CD work unless I remove the current version? Is the CD useless except as a Rescue CD?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Keith Weisshar,

You don't need to uninstall the trial version just enter the license key of the boxed version. That will work.

The reason is because you have a newer version currently installed on your computer than the boxed version. Which means that there are for example bugfixes included in your current BitDefender version. That is jus prevention so the updated files aren't overwritten by older version once you install while using the cd-rom.Other software does the same thing.

Best regards

Niels