Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocking Games

Options
Klavshbr4
edited July 2013 in Firewall

Hello, I'm a new user and I don't have any idea where should I put my topic. If I'm posting in the wrong section, feel free to move wherever It's good.

Anyway I've a few games that I don't know the reason why Bitdefender is blocking, some of them don't even use the a internet connection. I've read somewhere that you should just turn off some option to run it. There's also a lot of other games that my connection keeps get failling, problem that I never had.

Can someone help me?

Shimizols

Comments

• antikythera
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hello, I'm a new user and I don't have any idea where should I put my topic. If I'm posting in the wrong section, feel free to move wherever It's good.

Anyway I've a few games that I don't know the reason why Bitdefender is blocking, some of them don't even use the a internet connection. I've read somewhere that you should just turn off some option to run it. There's also a lot of other games that my connection keeps get failling, problem that I never had.

Can someone help me?

Shimizols

Game mode doesn't pick everything up but it is on the whole quite effective.

When I tried running Batman Arkham Asylum after installing BDIS it would not run. I fixed it by adding all the game executables in the folder on my hard drive for it to the antivirus excluded processes list.

General advice, not saying you have any cracked games but someone reading this may do. I wouldn't recommend doing this with anything other than games installed from genuine media or legit digital download. Cracked games often come with hidden nasties...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Shimizols,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

A quick solution would be to simply add the games' applications in the Exclusions list of Bitdefender, as follows:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the "Settings" button on the upper toolbar.

3. In the "Settings Overview" window, select Antivirus.

4. In the "Antivirus Settings" window, select the Exclusions tab.

5. Make sure "Exclusions for files" is turned on by clicking the switch.

6. Click the "Excluded files and folders" link.

7. Click the "Add"button, located at the top of the exclusions table.

8. Click "Browse", select the folder that you want to be excluded from scanning. Make sure it's excluded for "both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning and then click OK.

9. Click "Add" and then click OK to save the changes and close the window.

10. Then click on "Excluded processes", add the .exe file of the application and make sure it is "Allowed" > click "Add" and then on Close.

Recheck if the games work.

While for your games that require an active internet connection to work, I would recommend to also create Firewall rules. Here's how:

- open Bitdefender -> Settings -> Firewall

- click on Application rules -> Add rule

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Recheck how your games work now.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a good day!