Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2014 Anti-virus Autoscan Problem

Options
pdeck
pdeck ✭✭
edited July 2013 in Antivirus

I'm using Windows 8 on a PC. I just upgraded from Bitdefender 2013 AV to 2014. I used the 2013 uninstall tool, then loaded in 2014. I've noticed that if Autoscan is running and I interrupt it, my computer becomes extremely slow in launching any program (about 30 seconds for each launch). This even includes launching Task Manager. The only way to stop the problem is to reboot. I've shut off Autoscan in hopes that the problem goes away.

With the exception of the Bitdefender interface itself, which continues to run very slowly under these circumstances, all other programs run at full speed once their slow launch completes.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I did try to uninstall AV 2014, but the process got stuck at 50%, and there is no official 2014 uninstall tool yet (I was forced to use a backup image of my C: drive in order to get everything back to normal).

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hello pdeck,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

To further investigate the reported situation, please post here a support tool log gathered while you managed to replicate this issue.

In The New Bitdefender, the support tool executable "supporttool.exe" is found in this location:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Right click on "supporttool.exe" and choose "Run as Administrator" if you have Windows Vista/7/8.

Fill in the required fields, check the box "I want to reproduce the issue" (now take all the actions to replicate the encountered issue).

When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

You may not be able to upload the archive here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you!