Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Print From Safepay

Options

I have just upgraded from Bitdefender total security 2013 to 'The new bitdefender', whilst using Safepay in the 2013 version I was always able to print using Safepays print button. After upgrading the print button does not seem to work, once pressed nothing at all happens and any webpages own print button does not seem to work either.

I heavily rely on Safepay for all of my internet banking and I print statements and things very often so i really need to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Any help anyone can offer on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I have just upgraded from Bitdefender total security 2013 to 'The new bitdefender', whilst using Safepay in the 2013 version I was always able to print using Safepays print button. After upgrading the print button does not seem to work, once pressed nothing at all happens and any webpages own print button does not seem to work either.

I heavily rely on Safepay for all of my internet banking and I print statements and things very often so i really need to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Any help anyone can offer on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

The print implementation did not change significantly since 2013 version. We'll recheck anyways, but the printing worked last time I checked.

There are a number of things to consider:

- Safepay does not print to virtual printers. This is a security measure (to avoid interception of data using fraudulent virtual printers), but frankly it was more dictated the fact that virtual printers usually displays modal dialogs (commercials, nag screens etc.) which executes in default desktop and blocks Safepay.

- Safepay is using only the default printer.

So that would be the thing that I would like to hear back from you: do you have a default physical printer set as default?

Regards,

Cristian

• The print implementation did not change significantly since 2013 version. We'll recheck anyways, but the printing worked last time I checked.

There are a number of things to consider:

- Safepay does not print to virtual printers. This is a security measure (to avoid interception of data using fraudulent virtual printers), but frankly it was more dictated the fact that virtual printers usually displays modal dialogs (commercials, nag screens etc.) which executes in default desktop and blocks Safepay.

- Safepay is using only the default printer.

So that would be the thing that I would like to hear back from you: do you have a default physical printer set as default?

Regards,

Cristian

Can anyone please help me find the settings in Safepay to enable printing of online bank statements. Has this issue been sorted?

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Can anyone please help me find the settings in Safepay to enable printing of online bank statements. Has this issue been sorted?

There is no setting to disable or enable printing; printing is enabled by default.

(I have asked in the previous post for some details but no answer).

We are *not* reproducing the issue, but I am not excluding the possibility of some uncommon printer configuration that makes Safepay unhappy.

To clarify how printing is working:

Safepay is printing only on the default printer, and it must be physical printer (either directly attached to computer, or network printer).

Can you offer me some more details regarding your setup? (see the second post for this).

Regards,

Cristian

PS A colleague from my team will contact you next week and we'll try to follow up this issue.

We will need feedback from the users experiencing printing problems so we can track down what is.