Safepay Standalone...

camarie
camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013

Thank you for your hard work in getting this released, Cristian :)

If I'm wrong in this regard, please correct me, but to those of us who buy the Premium version, with its WiFi protection, it is being done through the Bitdefender Store, and thus people need to remember to opt out of the Auto-Renewal option, is this correct? In the example below, it shows I would have would have been automatically billed weekly, for the 1-Week Pass. It appears to be the case, and I thought I'd head off any ill feelings that could occur with a weekly Auto Renewal.

Safepaypremium_zps7296eda0.png

• Thanks for a very important product! In Russia, he begins to enjoy success, the product receives only positive feedback.

• camarie
    Thank you for your hard work in getting this released, Cristian :)

If I'm wrong in this regard, please correct me, but to those of us who buy the Premium version, with its WiFi protection, it is being done through the Bitdefender Store, and thus people need to remember to opt out of the Auto-Renewal option, is this correct? In the example below, it shows I would have would have been automatically billed weekly, for the 1-Week Pass. It appears to be the case, and I thought I'd head off any ill feelings that could occur with a weekly Auto Renewal.

Safepaypremium_zps7296eda0.png

To be absolutely honest, I do not have extensive knowledge about how auto-renewal works. Can you please post a dedicate question to the licensing category on the forum?

I do not want to supply you with inaccurate informations.

Regards,

Cristian

• camarie
    Thanks for a very important product! In Russia, he begins to enjoy success, the product receives only positive feedback.

Thank you for appreciation. We'll continue to work hard on it, although, as you may imagine, we have also a major revamp ahead which will change the architecture of all products.

As I specified in another thread, my plans are to push at least page zoom, certificate information, progress bar on loading, and possible - although this will be quite hard - to move Safepay to a multiprocess architecture to improve stability and (mainly) avoid a rampant Flash exception to bring down the whole browser.

Stay tuned, I will try to keep everyone up-to-date regarding future changes and updates.

Regards,

Cristian

• Christian, I would like to know about the compatibility of your browser, with other antivirus solutions. Thank you.

• Is it possible to localize your product into other languages​​? We are interested in the translation into Russian.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    To be absolutely honest, I do not have extensive knowledge about how auto-renewal works. Can you please post a dedicate question to the licensing category on the forum?

I do not want to supply you with inaccurate informations.

Regards,

Cristian

Thank you for that honesty, Cristian. I thought that may be the case when I posted (#2). Since it was a unveiling thread of this excellent free new feature, I also wanted people to see, or notice that renewal option. I may consider your advice of a dedicated forum question, just so people will understand the options.

Have a great weekend :)

• camarie
    Christian, I would like to know about the compatibility of your browser, with other antivirus solutions. Thank you.

Well, to my knowledge, there are no incompatibilities. Safepay uses the self protect feature (obviously) which is used in all desktop products, but this is not incompatible to my knowledge to other AVs. Quick scan - 60 seconds scanner - is launched by Safepay and does not install resident drivers, so this should be ok, too. QA tested Safepay against multiple AVs and no problems were found to this day - I'm not saying there cannot be, but until now we did not encountered issues.

Regards,

Cristian

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited July 2013

And you can see the purpose of these files, and in particular ru.pak?

oz4s.png

• camarie
    And you can see the purpose of these files, and in particular ru.pak?

oz4s.png

These are the internal Chromium/CEF language pack files. The user interface of BD products resides in the .ui files and localizations are done by another team.

Cristian

• camarie
    Is it possible to localize your product into other languages​​? We are interested in the translation into Russian.

Let me check this with the localization team to see what their plans are.

Cristian

• Let me check this with the localization team to see what their plans are.

Cristian

I look forward to an answer from you. Thank you.

• camarie
    I look forward to an answer from you. Thank you.

There are no plans to offer Safepay in many languages in the near future. Being a standalone product, it does not receive the same manpower as Classic Line products such as Total Security. Also, the product is still at the very beginning, so I suppose such a decision it's up to the management - they are probably in the need for more numbers (how many users, how it performs, reviews - and things like that takes time) to make a decision about internationalization in more languages.

This applies only to Safepay standalone; the suite products will receive translations as usual.

I will post news about this as soon as I know more.

Regards,

Cristian

• Thanks for the reply.

• Bitdefender Safepay protects the connection to the network 3G (UMTS, HSDPA)?

Thank you.

• I think it is not compatible with Avast 9 free edition.

• Is the stand alone premium SafePay the same as the SafePay included within BD Internet Security?

Thanks,

Jerry

• Is the stand alone premium SafePay the same as the SafePay included within BD Internet Security?

Thanks,

Jerry

Cristian, are you home??

Regards, Jerry

• camarie
    Is the stand alone premium SafePay the same as the SafePay included within BD Internet Security?

Thanks,

Jerry

Mostly.

Safepay included in security suite collaborate with internal HTTP scan engines, intercepts traffic from other browsers and invites user to open a banking URL in Safepay. For this, also presents the domains list to be managed (open bank URLs automatic, ask, don't).

The standalone version does not integrates with an existing product (this is why, for example, includes the lighter 60 seconds scanner, have its own update and login mechanisms, separate setting etc.). Also, being smaller, it usually incorporates first the newest changes, which are propagated eventually - although at a slower pace - in the main security suite.

Bugfixes are, with very rare exceptions, incorporated in both (depending on severity) - latest fix (for Japanese version) contains better IME support, for example.

Cristian

P.S. I am developing now a multiprocess version (that is, more similar with Chrome itself) of Safepay, which will run plugins, renderer, browser etc. each one in a dedicated process. That is for improving stability of existing architecture; although lighter and simpler, it suffers from the same problem as single executable monoliths - a rampant Flash crashing is bringing down the entire thing.

• camarie
    Bitdefender Safepay protects the connection to the network 3G (UMTS, HSDPA)?

Thank you.

I'm not sure I understand the exact question. Can you elaborate a small scenario?

Cristian