Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wallet

I have just recently purchased Bitdefender with the wallet feature. I am not sure if I am understanding the feature properly. If I put all my passwords in the wallet and then use just one password to access it--does that mean that if someone learns my master password that they then have access to all my other passwords as well? Right now I have different passwords for all my banks and credit cards, etc. so it seems less safe if someone only has to learn one master password than a bunch of different passwords. I would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks.

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    I have just recently purchased Bitdefender with the wallet feature. I am not sure if I am understanding the feature properly. If I put all my passwords in the wallet and then use just one password to access it--does that mean that if someone learns my master password that they then have access to all my other passwords as well? Right now I have different passwords for all my banks and credit cards, etc. so it seems less safe if someone only has to learn one master password than a bunch of different passwords. I would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks.

Yes, they can access wallet using the master password and then all the content of wallet. But this is how any operating system is working (you know the password, you're in), email and almost anything else. Wallet groups your personal data, database is transportable to other BD machine, and the encryption is much tougher than the most of the existing caching done by email clients, browsers etc. There are directly downloadable to harvest passwords for browsers, wifi, email etc. without any other effort. But they all require the user to be logged on (the equivalent of master password).

How would someone learn about master password ? It is not written anywhere, it is just you knowing it.

Regards,

Cristian