Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autoscan Takes Longer Now

Options

With BDTS 2013, Autoscan would take 4 days to scan my computer. This was quite consistant. Now, with The New BD, Autoscan is taking at least 8 days to complete a scan. I'm not seeing any benefits from the Photon Technology.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

What OS is installed on that PC?

Do you have any mapped network drives? Is the internet connection ever lost?

Looking forward to your reply.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

What OS is installed on that PC?

Do you have any mapped network drives? Is the internet connection ever lost?

Looking forward to your reply.

My OS is Windows 8. I have no mapped network drives and my internet connection is very seldom lost or interrupted.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thank you for your response.

On Windows 8, Bitdefender Autoscan runs via the Automatic Maintenance.

Also, keep in mind that Bitdefender 2013 only took 4 days to complete the Autoscan because, in time, Smart Scan decreased the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache. They were skipped at the next scan if the files were not accessed or modified in any way.

The time needed to complete the Autoscan will decrease with the new Bitdefender too.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Thank you for your response.

On Windows 8, Bitdefender Autoscan runs via the Automatic Maintenance

Ok, so I have automatic maintenance set to run at 3 AM. I'm just wondering why the BD autoscan doesn't run a complete scan at that time since no one is using the computer. It seems that as soon as autoscan finds some cookies, the whole process becomes somehow corrupted and computer must be restarted.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Please run a full system scan from Antivirus panel > Scan Now > System Scan. Wait for it to complete, then try to observe if the Autoscan performance is improved over the next few days.

If the same issue occurs, I will need Autoruns & Support tool logs. I will post the instructions at that time, if necessary.

Please let me know how are things going.